Coaching Carousel 2022 Pt 2 - Who succeeds - Poll

TGHusker

Which coaches will be successful?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Rhule is a college coach who tried the NFL not the other way around

I still look at Saban, Urb, Spurrier and Holtz all failed miserably in the NFL and had great coaching careers in college.  Hoping Rhule follows this trend!  And Saban in previous stop as HC at Michigan State he was career .585 (34-24-1).  You just never know.

I do think Ryan Walters will do very good at Purdue.  What I mean by that is, 8 wins and playing tough on defense.  Just needs to get a Big Ten run game going and chew some clock as needed.

I feel like Wisconsin, Purdue and Minnesota will keep things a weekly tough challenge for opponents in this league, and teams like Iowa, Illinois, Michigan State, drop a peg or 2.  Teams like Maryland, Rutgers, NW, Indiana remain near the bottom half.  Michigan, Ohio State the best in the league, and Penn State can always fluctuate year to year.

Where the Huskers fit in the equation I don't know just yet.  But we all hope by year 2 and beyond that we are trending up and up and up.  And move past PSU.... 

Of course, USC and UCLA (and possibly a few other additions) will add a new dimension to it.  But, they will have to learn how to play Big Ten football - a style that dictates the league - and not conforming to newcomers.  So that will be exciting to watch down the road too.

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I still look at Saban, Urb, Spurrier and Holtz all failed miserably in the NFL and had great coaching careers in college.  Hoping Rhule follows this trend!  And Saban in previous stop as HC at Michigan State he was career .585 (34-24-1).  You just never know.

Bill Belichick was fired from an NFL job.  So was Andy Reid.  You have to be a good coach.  But you also have to have a good situation.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Bill Belichick was fired from an NFL job.  So was Andy Reid.  You have to be a good coach.  But you also have to have a good situation.

Didn't know about Belichick.  Very true.  It is a total crap shoot with a coach.  Look at the stats, success, experience and other data points and then hope for the best.  Hoping we got the right one.

On 12/17/2022 at 6:50 AM, 84HuskerLaw said:

So, 95% think Rhule is the right guy but 75%  also think he will fail.   Hm.  ?  

Hard to reconcile that.  

Yeah, uh, that’s not how to read that. Looks like 50 of 55 people (91%) said he would succeed. The 23ish % you’re seeing in the poll is just the share of successful votes in total.

• Plus1 2