OMG!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, nic said:

That idea is out of left field. Trump won't win the nomination.

Is it though?  The whole idea of an unqualified, racist, xenophobic, grifting con man was out of left field in 2016 but here we are.  Besides it would solve the MAGA split that's inevitable if Desantis wins the nomination.  

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Is it though?  The whole idea of an unqualified, racist, xenophobic, grifting con man was out of left field in 2016 but here we are.  Besides it would solve the MAGA split that's inevitable if Desantis wins the nomination.  

Don't  worry DeSantis will fill the void left by Trump.

• TBH 1

13 minutes ago, nic said:

Don't  worry DeSantis will fill the void left by Trump.

So answer me this:. Using your vast political acumen, if you were a Republican strategist how would you solve the Trump quandary?  You know the little sticky issue that he's a narcissist, will never cede his position of power within the Party and thus will very possibly take his large cult following and run as a third party candidate just to burn it all down. 

Maybe he won't do that but as a strategist wouldn't you need to be at least be brainstorming for that possibility?  Would you just hope he's charged, convicted and barred from reelection under the 14th amendment?  

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Until Trump is defeated and probably in jail, he will have a certain amount of control over the party.  

True but it's already waning 

Edit:   I have relatives who thought he was God's gift to America and they are saying they do not want him to run now.

Edited by nic
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, nic said:

A new topic thread and it's about Trump. That guy's permeates every thread in the Politics and religion section. What are you all gonna do when they finally put him away? 

What do you want us to do, leave the POS alone?

leave-britney.gif

IMO, every crime, every idiotic thing he does needs to be ridiculed until there is 0% chance of him being in charge of anything more than his stupid NFTs. Then we can start in on the Einsteins that forked over $99 for caricatures of his fat a$$.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, nic said:

True but it's already waning 

Edit:   I have relatives who thought he was God's gift to America and they are saying they do not want him to run now.

This poll would disagree with your anecdotal evidence

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/americans-want-compromise-but-expect-gridlock-from-the-next-congress-poll-shows

This latest poll is not the only signal that Trump hasn't lost his hold on the Grand Ole Party, Troye said. In Congress, House Minority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., is "struggling" while MAGA Republicans and the Freedom Caucus thrive, she said.

"When you see those dynamics play out, … I don't think that speaks to the fact that Trump is the past," she said. "Trumpism is the Republican Party right now."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

What do you want us to do, leave the POS alone?

leave-britney.gif

IMO, every crime, every idiotic thing he does needs to be ridiculed until there is 0% chance of him being in charge of anything more than his stupid NFTs. Then we can start in on the Einsteins that forked over $99 for caricatures of his fat a$$.

Honestly, I am beginning to think it's not possible for you all to let him go. TDS.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
21 minutes ago, nic said:

Honestly, I am beginning to think it's not possible for you all to let him go. TDS.

I hear ya!   "Trump's Deranged Supporters" keep him relevant enough that he still gets covered as a meaningful person in the world of American politics.  Plus the guy is a circus!

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, nic said:

A new topic thread and it's about Trump. That guy's permeates every thread in the Politics and religion section. What are you all gonna do when they finally put him away? 

Cheer like hell, maybe get stone cold drunk, Celebrate for at least a week, drive all over the neighbor's lawn.  Wear out the horn on my new 2020 Ford F-150 Lariat. Stand in the middle of the main street and yell, "Hell, yes."  Buy Bubba (prison inmate) a semi load of cigars to make sure he gets to the front of the line.

Next question?

• Oh Yeah! 2
7 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Anecdotal evidence makes me laugh. I didn't make that up. Here is a poll I posted on another thread, and I am seeing it play out with known 

Trumpsters.

DeSantis beats Trump 1 on 1 handily and  Biden 47-42. Biden still beats Trump. The Dems may not need Biden anymore. 

https://www.suffolk.edu/news-features/news/2022/12/13/00/53/suffolk-poll-shows-ron-desantis-significantly-outpolling-donald-trump

• TBH 1
5 hours ago, nic said:

I’ll gladly let him go….when he f#&%ing goes. Trump and his followers are still in control of one of our 2 major political parties. Seems a little naive to ignore him and let him off the hook just yet. Hopefully soon though. Sick of hearing about the grifting, lying fat f#&%.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1