OMG!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, nic said:

Anecdotal evidence makes me laugh. I didn't make that up. Here is a poll I posted on another thread, and I am seeing it play out with known 

Trumpsters.

DeSantis beats Trump 1 on 1 handily and  Biden 47-42. Biden still beats Trump. The Dems may not need Biden anymore. 

https://www.suffolk.edu/news-features/news/2022/12/13/00/53/suffolk-poll-shows-ron-desantis-significantly-outpolling-donald-trump

"I have relatives that are saying" is not anecdotal evidence?  Ok.

The link below shows in the latest 11 national polls listed that Trump is polling ahead of Desantis in 8. 8 out of 11.  He's consistently above 35% and usually above 40 to 45%. 

Which makes my point.  The fact that even after his crime sprees, his continuing assault on democracy and the constitution, his overt racism/antisemitism he still has even that much support shows he has a cult following. 

That's a problem for the Republicans. Combine that with his malignant narcissism and I go back to the question I asked you before.  As a strategist what would you do to solve the problem of him potentially doing what narcissists do, destroying anyone and everything that they can't control, not whether or not he will win the nomination?  Just hope he plays nice and bows out gracefully if Desantis wins the nomination?  If you can't answer that's understandable.  

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-primary-r/

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

20 hours ago, funhusker said:

I hear ya!   "Trump's Deranged Supporters" keep him relevant enough that he still gets covered as a meaningful person in the world of American politics.  Plus the guy is a circus!

He is that. He thinks he's a god.

18 hours ago, Goal-line said:

Cheer like hell, maybe get stone cold drunk, Celebrate for at least a week, drive all over the neighbor's lawn.  Wear out the horn on my new 2020 Ford F-150 Lariat. Stand in the middle of the main street and yell, "Hell, yes."  Buy Bubba (prison inmate) a semi load of cigars to make sure he gets to the front of the line.

Next question?

I take It your neighbor has Trump  2024  signs up.

6 hours ago, Scarlet said:

"I have relatives that are saying" is not anecdotal evidence?  Ok.

Nope. Pretty real for me...better than a poll. Especially since these are the same people who once told me Trump would be named president on January 20th 2021. They told me that in December of 2020.

8 minutes ago, nic said:

Nope. Pretty real for me...better than a poll. Especially since these are the same people who once told me Trump would be named president on January 20th 2021. They told me that in December of 2020.

I'm not sure how you can say it's not anecdotal evidence unless you don't know what "anecdotal" means.

Oxford:

anecdotal (adjective): (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research

Merriam:

anecdotal (adjective): based on or consisting of reports or observations of usually unscientific observers

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I'm not sure how you can say it's not anecdotal evidence unless you don't know what "anecdotal" means.

Oxford:

anecdotal (adjective): (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research

Merriam:

anecdotal (adjective): based on or consisting of reports or observations of usually unscientific observers

I love literal interpretations. BUT what I mean is....My 'poll' of 4 Trumpsters (who idolized him, believed he was God’s gift to America and that he would be president despite the fact he lost the election) no longer want him to run for president in 2024. These are people that do not take polls. It may be anecdotal to you all and I get it, but to me it means way more than a scientific poll. It’s a huge shift in attitude.

• Haha 3
46 minutes ago, nic said:

I love literal interpretations. BUT what I mean is....My 'poll' of 4 Trumpsters (who idolized him, believed he was God’s gift to America and that he would be president despite the fact he lost the election) no longer want him to run for president in 2024. These are people that do not take polls. It may be anecdotal to you all and I get it, but to me it means way more than a scientific poll. It’s a huge shift in attitude.

Anecdotal evidence makes me laugh too!

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Oxford:

Merriam:

There was nothing “anecdotal” about Jan 6.  The entire world saw it in real time. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, nic said:

I will either resurrect this thread in a year and half with my anecdotal evidence and say I told you so or eat crow...whatever eating crow is like.

I'm influenced by a lot of anecdotal evidence myself. On this here HuskerBoard you can not find a single Trump supporter -- at least not to the point of saying they want him to run again. Given the thoughtful posts by people who identify as Republican, former Republican, Independent or just plain conservative, I would think America has turned a corner and seeks a more moderate and less-embarrassing GOP alternative to the Democrats.  

But the pesky fact is that as of this week Donald Trump still carries a 70% approval rating from GOP voters and remains the #1 choice for the 2024 nomination.

Somebody is lying. 

They will be forced to make a choice in a year and a half, and you may prove right at that time.

At this time, though, he is by far the dominant figure in one of America's two political parties. The scenarios for him going away are all pretty theatrical. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
5 hours ago, nic said:

I will either resurrect this thread in a year and half with my anecdotal evidence and say I told you so or eat crow...whatever eating crow is like.

This conversation really doesn't have much to do with a year and a half from now.  One hell of a lot can happen between now and then.  But, reality is, RIGHT NOW, Trump is still the main force dictating what the Republicans do.  He even affects what Desantis does...and Desantis has sort of tried to distance himself from him...while being like him.

Desantis very well might be the nominee.  But, until then, this is Trump's party.

• Haha 1