Matt Rhule Roster Management

With the amount of kids that Matt Rhule has brought in for official visit's via high school and college I wonder how many he is trying to bring into the program.  Like how big will his recruiting class be and how many transfers he is trying to bring on?  I know there are kids that haven't decided to leave yet but eventually will so who knows how the roster will look next season.

15 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

With the amount of kids that Matt Rhule has brought in for official visit's via high school and college I wonder how many he is trying to bring into the program.  Like how big will his recruiting class be and how many transfers he is trying to bring on?  I know there are kids that haven't decided to leave yet but eventually will so who knows how the roster will look next season.

I believe this thread should help you out.

What a photo for the topic too! As many fans are waiting to see what guys come and go. 

• TBH 1
55 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, per the Arrivals/Departures thread, think we are up to 29 leaving for NFL/graduation/transfer.  And, I’m sure there will be more. 

So, there is plenty room to fill up. I’m guessing around a 23-27 recruiting class and maybe 5-8 transfers. 

I'd heard recruiting class of 23 or 24.

46 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I believe this thread should help you out.

What a photo for the topic too! As many fans are waiting to see what guys come and go. 

I understand but I don't need names of who comes or goes. If we were to say add Hornsby then we have 6 qb's on the roster.  That's alot and I'd be surprised if the roster had 6 on the team by spring ball.  But that's a example I used.  Most of the guys that have departed really needed to go bc they were taking up scholarship space.

1 minute ago, macroboy said:

Aren’t teams allowed to over sign as long as it’s down to 85 by fall?

With the number of visits we are seeing the staff has to know more people are leaving.

Great point totally agree. They have brought alot of guys in a very short amount of time.  Those coaches are putting in work to improve the program just would like to see more lineman being added.

14 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Great point totally agree. They have brought alot of guys in a very short amount of time.  Those coaches are putting in work to improve the program just would like to see more lineman being added.

I really like the athletes we have been adding. A lot of speed coming on board. I know there are a few OL/DL we have been going after. Hopefully we can land a few of them. 

On 12/17/2022 at 7:58 PM, lo country said:

I'm just here for the new thread.  IT IS SLOW in Huskerland. :include

You need one of these :include -- so I added it

It is kind of like coming off of crack ( disclaimer - I've never been on crack but I can imagine:huh:)   After the 777 page "Who is our next coach" thread - everything else just fades into normalcy.  Not as exciting as the crack thread.   

• TBH 1