Rhule's QB Room

TGHusker

On 12/19/2022 at 4:25 PM, TGHusker said:

OK you lost me there. 

Understandable! Lol  I think that I've gotten way to much rest of recent.

Seriously, looking at Malik what stands out to me is his legs. Long and quite a distance between his knees and ankles. And his hips...They have a lot to do with mobility  Anyway, he has a unique build to me. It's been said that he possesses a fast straight line running speed though lacks agility and he struggles with change of direction a bit. 

I'm not sure how much those aspects of his game can be improved upon. It's less of an issue having an O-Line that's operating well of coarse. He certainly has speed. I'd like to see how he can scramble with better competition. His throwing accuracy can be improved upon. Just not sure how much the other elements.

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I saw this in the other thread about transfers.   @M.A.  posted it.   Hornsby would be a very interesting transfer as well.  

If he transfers to NU along wt Sims, we will have a one-two punch of highly rated dual threat QBs who have good experience.  

I'm beginning to wonder if our offense will look a bit more like Chadwell's Costal Carolina's  - something some of us (looking at you @lo country)  wanted to see at Nebraska that would set us apart from the crowd - make us more difficult to prepare for.  A unique identity to recruit towards and to develop players for.  

You know I'd love some of those CC offensive schemes!  We are getting the speed component for sure as well as looking at more "traditional" dual threat guys at QB.  

Just read Sims interview and whay he chose NU.  Said Rhule has a plan.  Offense will be pro style with balance...Unsure what style that is:dunno  I see dual threat and I think Baltimore and Ljax balanced.:D  Who knows.  Did say that he thinks NU will feature his abilities more.  

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/they-have-a-plan-why-explosive-quarterback-transfer-jeff-sims-chose-nebraska/article_e20914a2-b2b5-5db6-add1-bda2b44c4fc2.html

Well with Casey Thompson expected to come back and adding Jeff Sims, Head Coach Matt Rhule's qb room should look pretty different next year.  I don't think your doing your roster any good to have at least 5 scholarship qb's on your roster.  Can't remember if we have any other qb's or not on scholarship just know that's too many guys in the qb room.  I fully expect to at the very least have 3 guys leave. 

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

You make a hell of a lot of posts and offer a lot of opinions for someone who does not even know who is on the team roster and has a tenuous grasp of Husker history.

Hold up just bc I don't go into specific things doesn't mean I don't know.  Yes I can go into detail and I know we have Fidone on the team but is he the clear starter going into next season bc he didn't play this season that's a big if and that goes for the rest of the te on the roster that are unproven as well and Im sorry if I couldn't remember the last qb Haarberg was on scholarship or should I say all the irrelevant qb's that we have or other football players that have really not made a difference being on the team.

• Haha 1

With the QB’s in the portal and say you take the top half talent wise have we identified the two potentially best runners in Sims and Hornsby? This right here tells me we are going run the QB and move the pocket and receivers will be fast downfield. You can’t play up to defend the run because you will get burned deep. I could see it. We are going to need QB depth.