Rhule's QB Room

TGHusker

If Jeff Sims is somehow actually the third best "returning" QB in the B1G, then I'm going to say we definitely break the bowl-less streak this season.

Might even break the streak if he merely doesn't turn the ball over like our previous two starters.

• Plus1 1

On 5/1/2023 at 1:58 PM, Undone said:

If Jeff Sims is somehow actually the third best "returning" QB in the B1G, then I'm going to say we definitely break the bowl-less streak this season.

Might even break the streak if he merely doesn't turn the ball over like our previous two starters.

have faith my brethren, we wouldve been bowl bound last year if we didnt s#!t the bed against a 1-11 nw and georgia so.  

If sims is the 3rd best returning qb we going 8-4

• Haha 1

I really hope this team does well and surprises some teams but in reality we will probably go 3-9. I’m not encouraged by Simms film prior to coming here. He did ok in the spring game, but new players, new system, new staff,  and same old sputtering offense that can’t keep the ball off the turf. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Scofrosghost said:

I really hope this team does well and surprises some teams but in reality we will probably go 3-9. I’m not encouraged by Simms film prior to coming here. He did ok in the spring game, but new players, new system, new staff,  and same old sputtering offense that can’t keep the ball off the turf. 

I fully expect this to get taken care of. Rhule seems to be the kind of coach capable of actually working with the guys and correcting mistakes. I think Simms has potential to have a good season, but only if the offensive line improves. I feel like the success of the season really relies on the OL more than any other position this year. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

I think Simms has potential to have a good season, but only if the offensive line improves. I feel like the success of the season really relies on the OL more than any other position this year.

I think you are right. Not only the success if this season, but how this all will look, will come down to the play of the offensive line and keeping Sims healthy.

A couple of things we saw in the Spring game: RPOs and Play Action (specifically 7 man protect). I don’t think the offense will be designed around Sims (even if they may say that) as much as it is designed to limit the liability up front. Those two play categories are exactly that. I expect to see a very pragmatic approach to football. 

• Plus1 1
On 5/3/2023 at 11:44 PM, gossamorharpy said:

have faith my brethren, we wouldve been bowl bound last year if we didnt s#!t the bed against a 1-11 nw and georgia so. 

We lost those games because of turnovers, dumb special teams gaffes, and terrible defense though.

• Plus1 1