Recruiting Class of 2023

Mavric

This is a great article about Malachi Coleman.  While I was reading it someone must have been cutting up some onions or something ;)  

I didn't know his full story -  he and his sister being  abandoned by his mom after their dad died in a car accident and then being in the foster care system together for years.   Yet, he has turned that trauma into a way to serve others.   Amazing young man. 

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/ncaa-college-football-recruiting-top247-national-signing-day-nil-malachi-coleman-nebraska-203956914/

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This is a great article about Malachi Coleman.  While I was reading it someone must have been cutting up some onions or something ;)  

I didn't know his full story -  he and his sister being  abandoned by his mom after their dad died in a car accident and then being in the foster care system together for years.   Yet, he has turned that trauma into a way to serve others.   Amazing young man. 

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/ncaa-college-football-recruiting-top247-national-signing-day-nil-malachi-coleman-nebraska-203956914/

Yeah...his story is really interesting.  I hope he keeps growing as a human and a player so he can keep giving back to the community like he wants to.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Can someone give a quick rundown of our WR room?

I think we are at 16 scholarship guys.  Have to think at least 2 won't be here come fall.

Sr - Washington, Fleeks, Kemp

Jr - Brown, Hill, IGC

So - Hardy, Betts

RFr - Bonner, Jones

Fr - Coleman, Doss, Turner, Lloyd, Charles, Bell

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think we are at 16 scholarship guys.  Have to think at least 2 won't be here come fall.

Sr - Washington, Fleeks, Kemp

Jr - Brown, Hill, IGC

So - Hardy, Betts

RFr - Bonner, Jones

Fr - Coleman, Doss, Turner, Lloyd, Charles, Bell

Pardon me for asking, but I have no clue on this.

Can someone divide these up by WR position?

Nebraska's recruiting class ranking finished at 29th on 247 and 24th on rivals.  I know recruiting rankings don't really matter at the end of the day but I definitely feel Nebraska got shafted by the 29th overall ranking.  Their are guys from the transfer portal that are 5 star players.  Arik Gilbert was buried on the depth chart otherwise he would have seen the field more.  Same goes with C.J. Sherman.  Jeff Sims didn't necessarily have the best talent around him to succeed but he will have more talent to surround him here.  Way better then 29th.

15 minutes ago, desertshox said:

Committed to Utah tech.

Thank you.  Apparently he had a great senior season and has 4.36 40yd dash speed.  Didn't see that coming to a FCS school.  Maybe he might transfer out if he stands out on that level.  I understand kids fall threw the cracks bc of not going to camps but have to look at his production and question why no FBS offer's.