Recruiting Class of 2023

Mavric

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

So i don't get it, should we be super pumped about this class.  Im not trying to be negative, there seems to be a lot of hype with this class, next years class and the staff.  Weve been duped before so i don't want to get to charged up, but it seems like i should be.

There is always going to be hype about recruiting classes.  That's what programs do.  

Rhule and company did a good job of coming in, hitting the road and getting commitments from players that could potentially contribute well to the program.  However, transition classes are typically hit and miss.

So, be as excited as you want to be about the class.  Excitement about the program is a good thing. But, remember, something like 30% of any class is the average of what typically ultimately contributes to a program.  So, no matter what, there will be a bunch of these guys that don't contribute.

• TBH 2
41 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

So i don't get it, should we be super pumped about this class.  Im not trying to be negative, there seems to be a lot of hype with this class, next years class and the staff.  Weve been duped before so i don't want to get to charged up, but it seems like i should be.

They need to be developed. I’m optimistic this staff can achieve that versus the previous. But, yes, it’s not impossible we don’t get duped again. One guy pointed out that Carolina got better after Rhule was gone. But that may had happened if Rhule stayed. So who knows for sure.  

2 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

On paper, it's a pretty standard class for us. We finished around #25 in the class rankings, which is about where we usually finish.

Hate to be repetitive but class rankings don’t account for balance and or need by position.  Overloading on certain positions while ignoring or failing others can still give you a high ranking, as far as I can tell.  But the result is a team like ours with lots of good skill players and not many line players. Result is a poor performing team. 

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...