Recruiting Class of 2023

Mavric

56 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Nebraska's recruiting class ranking finished at 29th on 247 and 24th on rivals.  I know recruiting rankings don't really matter at the end of the day but I definitely feel Nebraska got shafted by the 29th overall ranking.  Their are guys from the transfer portal that are 5 star players.  Arik Gilbert was buried on the depth chart otherwise he would have seen the field more.  Same goes with C.J. Sherman.  Jeff Sims didn't necessarily have the best talent around him to succeed but he will have more talent to surround him here.  Way better then 29th.

I think Scott Frost should give a speech and implore the staff at 247 to vote their conscience.  If they can honestly look themselves in the mirror and say that 28 programs had a better recruiting season than our beloved Cornhuskers, then by all means, keep us at 29th.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

29 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Nebraska's recruiting class ranking finished at 29th on 247 and 24th on rivals.  I know recruiting rankings don't really matter at the end of the day but I definitely feel Nebraska got shafted by the 29th overall ranking.  Their are guys from the transfer portal that are 5 star players.  Arik Gilbert was buried on the depth chart otherwise he would have seen the field more.  Same goes with C.J. Sherman.  Jeff Sims didn't necessarily have the best talent around him to succeed but he will have more talent to surround him here.  Way better then 29th.

It's not a perfect science. Some didn't get the attention that others might have. Lack of experience in relation to potential, ETC. How well do the players that one gets complement each other? And did you acquire players to fill vacancies that were needed to be filled? I'd say Rhule and his team did well all things considered especially with respect to the defensive side of the ball. It's a solid top 25 class. 

10 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I think Scott Frost should give a speech and implore the staff at 247 to vote their conscience.  If they can honestly look themselves in the mirror and say that 28 programs had a better recruiting season than our beloved Cornhuskers, then by all means, keep us at 29th.

I don't mean it like that but we were sitting at 25 on 247 and we added 5 guys and we go further down.  If anything stay put.  Is it a big deal that they went down to 29 no but I do think we should be ranked in the top 25.  Also 247 sucks anywayz for rankings just saying.  Keep up the sarcasm, love it!!!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

…Arik Gilbert was buried on the depth chart otherwise he would have seen the field more.  Same goes with C.J. Sherman….

“He’s buried on the depth chart. He’d play more if he wasn’t buried on the depth chart.” 
I mean… sorry man,  but, that’s  ridiculous. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
12 hours ago, blinky said:

“He’s buried on the depth chart. He’d play more if he wasn’t buried on the depth chart.” 
I mean… sorry man,  but, that’s  ridiculous. 

Im saying his talent has never left him so he shouldn't be downgraded bc he was buried.  Georgia already had starters in place before he even joined the team.  It be like Thomas Fidone if he decided to transfer after the spring do you think he should be downgraded bc he could have played last year but the coaches didnt want him hurting himself again and so he sat out.  If he were to join another powerhouse he would be downgraded as a transfer even though coming out of high school he was the top tight end on certain sites.  The talent is still there so why downgrade bc of certain circumstances?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Im saying his talent never left so he shouldn't be downgraded bc he was buried.  Georgia already had starters in place before he even joined the team.  It be like Thomas Fidone if he decided to transfer after the spring do you think he should be downgraded bc he could have played last year but the coaches didnt want him hurting himself again.  If he were to join another powerhouse he would be downgraded as a transfer even though coming out of high school he was the top tight end on certain sites.  The talent is still there so why downgrade bc of certain circumstances?

You have an obsession with Gilbert over HS stars that were given to him over 3 years ago.  Best I can tell he has played in 3 games the last 2 years.  He is on his 3rd school in 4 years.  There is a decent chance he never sees the field here.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is amazing at how good and how consistent NU recruits, like, the coach hardly matters.  I hope with Matt that the connections and hardworking = some top 15 classes.

My hope is that next season, we see some type of measurable improvement on the field and that helps the top 15 classes to start in the next class.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

My hope is that next season, we see some type of measurable improvement on the field and that helps the top 15 classes to start in the next class.

Me too!

A decent season with the buzz and NIL could create a really solid recruiting atmosphere.  

Shoot, this spring game could end up as a sell out and you know they will have recruits there.

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

You have an obsession with Gilbert over HS stars that were given to him over 3 years ago.  Best I can tell he has played in 3 games the last 2 years.  He is on his 3rd school in 4 years.  There is a decent chance he never sees the field here.

He'll be the starter at tight end for the upcoming season.  He's still only a sophomore.  It's not that I so much care about his stars but will say is that I take in the fact that he was the 2019 National Gatorade Player Of The Year which has never been given to a tight end ever, the award as been giving out since 1985 which means enough people thought of him highly and when he went to LSU, he started 8 games as a freshman and was All-SEC.  Now do I know why he transferred and sat out his first year at Georgia?  No, but maybe he needed to recharge himself and when he did decide to play and go through spring ball he was already behind the 8 ball bc of the top established talent in front of him.  So like I said before his talent has never left him, just needs to be in the right situation for himself and fortunately for us we have him on our roster.  Actually we have 2 highly thought of tight ends and are looking forward to seeing how the OC takes advantage of the mismatches on the field.

• Haha 3