Jeff Sims

Hayseed

2 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He is not God! 

Of course he's not.  Apparently he's not even a good enough football coach to barely improve an underachieving football team with an entire offseason to do it.  :lol:

Nobody is expecting miracles here.  It's literally 2 more wins than last year.  If Rhule considers bowling the minimum, then we should as well.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Of course he's not.  Apparently he's not even a good enough football coach to barely improve an underachieving football team with an entire offseason to do it.  :lol:

Nobody is expecting miracles here.  It's literally 2 more wins than last year.  If Rhule considers bowling the minimum, then we should as well.

I agree as our schedule is not daunting, but it's not the end of the world if he does not gets us there. 

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I agree as our schedule is not daunting, but it's not the end of the world if he does not gets us there. 

To be fair, it's not the end of the world if Nebraska never goes to a bowl again.

Edit:  I should add a little context to this.  The past several years have made me realize what a joke most bowl games have become.  It would make no difference to me as a fan if Nebraska was bowl-ineligible or played in the "Whatever Bowl" (Sponsored by some random brand), both would be disappointing... 

Once playoff the expansion happens, it's what teams that take football seriously should be aiming for.

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, funhusker said:

To be fair, it's not the end of the world if Nebraska never goes to a bowl again.

Edit:  I should add a little context to this.  The past several years have made me realize what a joke most bowl games have become.  It would make no difference to me as a fan if Nebraska was bowl-ineligible or played in the "Whatever Bowl" (Sponsored by some random brand), both would be disappointing... 

Once playoff the expansion happens, it's what teams that take football seriously should be aiming for.

Bowl games have always been a joke. 

The nice thing about going to them is exposure and the extra practices. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sure.  But, in the grand scheme of things, they have always been meaningless other than one or two per year. 

You are not wrong, but for many years, Nebraska used it to recruit Florida. They used the bowls for great “local” exposure. Heck, Iowa got a huge infomercial yesterday with the broadcast reference to being TE University. The exposure can really pay dividends. Also, OSU got 1500 reps in bowl prep. I , understand that some guys will be gone next year off of those “reps”, but it can’t hurt to get them. Teams also use them to play young guys in game, such as Iowa, with their freshman DB getting pick 6. You are right in terms of meaning nothing in grand scheme of rankings and W-L, but internally it means something. Even AM mentioned being happy about making it to a bowl. Momentum and morale heading into off-season 

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

You are not wrong, but for many years, Nebraska used it to recruit Florida. They used the bowls for great “local” exposure. Heck, Iowa got a huge infomercial yesterday with the broadcast reference to being TE University. The exposure can really pay dividends. Also, OSU got 1500 reps in bowl prep. I , understand that some guys will be gone next year off of those “reps”, but it can’t hurt to get them. Teams also use them to play young guys in game, such as Iowa, with their freshman DB getting pick 6. You are right in terms of meaning nothing in grand scheme of rankings and W-L, but internally it means something. Even AM mentioned being happy about making it to a bowl. Momentum and morale heading into off-season 

I said earlier that it’s good for exposure.