Jeff Sims

Hayseed

15 hours ago, brophog said:

Charlie Brewer and PJ Walker were listed at 6'1" and 5'11", respectively. Both were the primary QB for Rhule's entire time at their respective schools. Neither of them, or Thompson, is even in the same ballpark, athletically or physically, as Jeff Sims.

5 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I always wondered what happened to Charlie Brewer and I found out he transferred out of Baylor to go play for Utah then didn't last long there and then went to Liberty where he broke his hand in the first game this year. I thought he was great when he was at Baylor but apparently now he is a after thought.

And PJ Walker is having a solid year with the Panthers

On 12/25/2022 at 7:31 PM, admo said:

No offense, it's winter.  We are all thrilled Sims is here, for real.  We are months away from Spring, and then you know the Summer comes.... and then Fall.

Sims is going to be very valuable to this team.  And we should be very excited for him and this offense next year.  He might even rake !!!

But, he's going to have to be one special motherf#&%er to beat out Casey Thompson for this year.  Let's be honest, injuries aside.

I don’t think Rhule cares about wining next year he is trying to develop a team not sure he would concentrate on a QB who only has one year to play I think at both Baylor and temple he started freshman by the fourth game or something like that 

• Plus1 1

Rhule wants first and foremost to build a program.  Winning is secondary.  Casey T will be a big part of the plan. So will Sims etal.  I expect several QBs will contribute heavily no matter what days of the week they play.  

A great team is composed of lots of individuals. The plan is to win sooner and later but especially later and to become a consistent winning team, you must have good players at all three phases at atleast 3 deep.  

That can’t happen in one or even two years.  But winning on the way to a good program is possible. I suspect the roster turnover will ultimately be massive in the next 18 months.  Frost changed it a lot but basically never developed depth and missed on 80% of his recruits, annually.  Rhule needs to cut this down to under 50%.  Couple that with more reps at full contact in practices and many more snaps in games for the 3 -deep, and the team will improve over time.  

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think the good thing is that Rhule isn’t doing that. He’s using the portal, but it’s not his main strategy. 

Seems to me that he is trying to build for the future through regular recruiting while using the portal to fill some holes. Doesn't want to go full Mel Tucker which seems like a roller coaster ride strategy.

• Plus1 1

It will be interesting to see. Early articles (I think) had Sims saying that the staff told him they had packages for him. That made it sound like he was gonna play but CT was qb1.

The way the staff talked about Sims after signing day was way more positive than I thought the stats or tape shows so…who knows?

And if Hornsby commits here even more confusing.

I have to believe we have some players moving on. Too many schollies in the room right now.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, macroboy said:

It will be interesting to see. Early articles (I think) had Sims saying that the staff told him they had packages for him. That made it sound like he was gonna play but CT was qb1.

The way the staff talked about Sims after signing day was way more positive than I thought the stats or tape shows so…who knows?

And if Hornsby commits here even more confusing.

I have to believe we have some players moving on. Too many schollies in the room right now.

I don't think Hornsby commits here bc he probably see's the writing on the wall with not playing this season and certainly not going to play next season if Raiola commits and Sims is as advertised.