Remaining Staff additions

4 minutes ago, Kayvan said:

Eh, trust Rhule. The past 20 years have been filled with hires people thought would work out well and things have only gotten worse here. I like the unorthodox approach.

Teams across the country are winning with no name, young coaches, and big programs  are getting killed with their can’t lose, big name hires. No one on this board knows any better than the man that was just hired to restore some sort of order and respect in this program. Go cry in your chili. I’m enjoying the process this time around. 

I will say this..."Experience" is sometimes over-rated. I've seen quite a few incompetent experienced people over the years. He's young and has something to prove. Must bring things to the table that Rhule is considerably impressed with. Also, I like that he isn't following his daddy around to cut his teeth. No doubt he's got things to learn yet. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Go to work and get after it Garrett! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jamrinelli said:

I agree with you that there are young coaches doing things that you and I can’t do, but we are not being paid to do that so we can complain and question it’s what Fans do. I will say he has been good at picking individuals in the past that people questioned. Also I won’t waste chili by crying in it but thanks for the advice!

E6DEAFF8-8A44-4748-821B-05666E781534.jpeg

Unless it could use some salt?

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Kayvan said:

Unless it could use some salt?

I'm not laughing at you or you're comment. It just happens to coincided with an exchange I had earlier. Lol If you like fried eggs, tone down the heat and absolutely don't salt until they're done to you're liking. 

3 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I'm not laughing at you or you're comment. It just happens to coincided with an exchange I had earlier. Lol If you like fried eggs, tone down the heat and absolutely don't salt until they're done to you're liking. 

Spoken like someone who knows their way around an egg!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

99% of position coaching is already pre-made for coaches.

The other 1% is connecting with kids and recruiting.  

Do you really believe this? I mean at least say 85% or something, but come on college kids need to be coached up and connecting with kids comes with winning and knowing your craft 

• Plus1 2

Do you really believe this? I mean at least say 85% or something, but come on college kids need to be coached up and connecting with kids comes with winning and knowing your craft 

College position coaches are mainly asked to communicate what the OC wants to do on offense to each of the position groups. That’s their main job, and it most of their job. Yes, there are position drills, but those don’t vary a lot from team to team. 

• TBH 1
8 minutes ago, jamrinelli said:

I do...

All the drills are pretty much the same and all totally available for anyone to use. 

I guess I might change it to this...

98% is done

1% is connecting and recruiting

1% is breaking down film (this is the hardest part,  I think)

but anyone on the site could go and 'coach" WR's, assuming you just know the basics of FB.

I guess my question to you would be what does "coaching up" mean?  Because every CFB team is running the same WR practice drills. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

College position coaches are mainly asked to communicate what the OC wants to do on offense to each of the position groups. That’s their main job, and it most of their job. Yes, there are position drills, but those don’t vary a lot from team to team. 

I agree that some drills are similar from program to program, but you will see that some of the most successful position coaches know and understand the position, and are able to correct bad form ie) dropping your hips coming back to the ball or or how to get out of your route. If someone is a track stud that is going to be used to play receiver and is very raw, I would like a coach that knows how to coach and not just say this is the  drill I read in a book

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I do...

All the drills are pretty much the same and all totally available for anyone to use. 

98% is done

but anyone on the site could go and 'coach" WR's, assuming you just know the basics of FB.

I guess my question to you would be what does "coaching up" mean?  Because every CFB team is running the same WR practice drills. 

Okay before I answer coaching up, I would like you to show me proof that EVERY school is running the SAME drills.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I do...

98% is done

Also how do you break down film on what exactly players are doing right and wrong if you don’t know the position. I agree that head coaches and other senior coaches on the staff are going to put young coaches under their wing to help.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, jamrinelli said:

I agree that some drills are similar from program to program, but you will see that some of the most successful position coaches know and understand the position, and are able to correct bad form ie) dropping your hips coming back to the ball or or how to get out of your route. If someone is a track stud that is going to be used to play receiver and is very raw, I would like a coach that knows how to coach and not just say this is the  drill I read in a book

I think we are basically agreeing.  There might be like 1 or 2 "amazing" WR coaches out there but the rest are basically just all the same.

Let me ask you this...name the best WR coach you can think of...you can't most of us can't.  Hell, we all loved MJ and I don't think he was a college WR.  

Also how do you break down film on what exactly players are doing right and wrong if you don’t know the position. I agree that head coaches and other senior coaches on the staff are going to put young coaches under their wing to help.

Like I said, this is the hardest part.  I agree with you again.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, jamrinelli said:

Okay before I answer coaching up, I would like you to show me proof that EVERY school is running the SAME drills.

Because there are "EDD". Every Day Drills, that are kind of the standard drills...

Then you have specific drills for routes that your OC runs.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1