Remaining Staff additions

Are we hiring more analysts or are we just getting more info on them?

seems like more but I don’t know?

If there aren’t limits on it, I like the idea of hiring a ton of them. 

Does someone have a link to how much time an analyst/ GA, etc can work with players? Can some be at practice and some only  in meeting rooms? Im sure there are rules for this but I don’t even know where to look.

3 hours ago, macroboy said:

Does someone have a link to how much time an analyst/ GA, etc can work with players? Can some be at practice and some only  in meeting rooms? Im sure there are rules for this but I don’t even know where to look.

Don’t quote me, but I think GAs (limited to 4 per team now) can have direct player contact and coach coach at practice/game days.

Analysts aren’t allowed to coach at practice/game days. But most teams have analysts who “coach” and don’t get caught (unless you piss one off and he turns you in for it).

• Haha 2
  • TBH 2
34 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Don’t quote me, but I think GAs (limited to 4 per team now) can have direct player contact and coach coach at practice/game days.

Analysts aren’t allowed to coach at practice/game days. But most teams have analysts who “coach” and don’t get caught (unless you piss one off and he turns you in for it).

When you say analysts can’t coach, can they be in meetings and just not in the field for practice/ games?

Also, didn’t Harbaugh just get busted for what Frost did (analysts coaching) only worse ( contacting croots)? I wonder why it took so much longer to be dealt with.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I think I read that this may be changing.  

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
9 hours ago, macroboy said:

When you say analysts can’t coach, can they be in meetings and just not in the field for practice/ games?

I don't think they can do meetings with players.

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think I read that this may be changing.  

8 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I read they could now coach in practices but not on game days.

Something like that.  I mean they all coach at practices and on game days now.

Quite honestly, I have no clue what "analysts" actually do.  You would think that an offensive analyst would be someone who would watch film/games/practice and give input on game planning, what players to play, what players need to work on...etc.

But, I remember reading somewhere that Alabama had something like 40 or 50 analysts.  What a cluster f#&% that would be.  If I were coach, I would want 2 maybe 3 offensive analysts that I would have regular meetings with to get input from and bounce ideas off of.  These people would be people that I really trust their opinions.   How in the world would that work with 40-50 analysts?  So, Alabama has 40-50 of these guys running around at practice, along with the regular coaches and GAs.  Who the hell does the player listen to?  You know not all of those are going to have the same ideas.  They would almost have one analyst for every scholarship player.  Talk about personal coaching.

Obviously, it's working for them.  I just don't understand it.

EDIT:  I just looked it up.  Alabama now has 12 analysts.  That's a much more manageable number than what I read before.

Here's an interview with Ted Monachino, an analysis at Missouri at the time. It's behind St Louis Today's paywall so here's a 12ft ladder link.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.stltoday.com%2Fsports%2Fcollege%2Fmizzou%2Fwhat-s-an-analyst-do-on-a-college-football-staff%2Farticle_8641f742-c227-5c57-9d0e-22514a089ad3.html

It's from Oct 2018. I don't know how (or if) the rules have changed since then.

24 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I knew you were going to say something to me about it lmao.  I just wanted to know why it was taking so long if they had had the staff in place that's all.  No harm no foul!!!!!

Finalizing contracts???