Nebrasketball vs Iowa

Mavric

Was at this game...enjoyed every second of it. 

We shot abnormally well & our D is legit.  The way they sag middle and force contested jumpers...swallow up dribblers trying to go middle and harass anyone with the ball is outstanding.  I just hope they keep scoring enough to win!  Because their defense will keep them in every game unless they run into a hot shooting team from the perimeter. 

GBR!

• Plus1 1

Going into this season I had zero faith in Fred. I didn’t think they’d get 5 wins total, and didn’t think they’d get a single conference win.

Currently at 8 wins, one against a top ten ranked rival. Also took the number one team in the country to OT. 

I imagine 15 wins is probably the target number for Fred to keep his job. If they can keep up this defensive play, a lower post season tournament seems possible. 

16 minutes ago, Fru said:

Going into this season I had zero faith in Fred. I didn’t think they’d get 5 wins total, and didn’t think they’d get a single conference win.

Currently at 8 wins, one against a top ten ranked rival. Also took the number one team in the country to OT. 

I imagine 15 wins is probably the target number for Fred to keep his job. If they can keep up this defensive play, a lower post season tournament seems possible. 

Fred is not on the hot seat.  And if they go 500 in the big 10, they are going to the ncaa tournament. 

12 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

He's had 3 decent games in a row.

One thing you have to remember is that he only played 10 games last year before he blew out his knee.  Including the 14 games this year he hasn't played a full season of college hoops.  He's basically in the equivalent of mid-February of his freshman season.

Way to go Huskers! That's outstanding!
It's a mystery to me how we beat or go neck and neck with some really good teams, but lay an egg against some not so great teams. We have some players on this team...I hope we can get some consistency the rest of the season. Regardless, they're a fun team to watch.

• Plus1 1