Nebrasketball vs Iowa

Mavric

2 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Fred is not on the hot seat.  And if they go 500 in the big 10, they are going to the ncaa tournament. 

I feel like any time a coach has to restructure their contract… they’re on the hot seat.

I can’t help but remember the 2017-18 season where Neb went 22-11 overall, 13-5 in the conference and finished 4th overall in the B1G, and still didn’t get a tournament bid. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Fru said:

I feel like any time a coach has to restructure their contract… they’re on the hot seat.

I can’t help but remember the 2017-18 season where Neb went 22-11 overall, 13-5 in the conference and finished 4th overall in the B1G, and still didn’t get a tournament bid. 

And lost early in the NIT

edit: or was that 18-19?

I am excited watching this version of Huskers. The defense they play is stifling to most teams. It affects the other teams shooting percentage from about the second minute on by forcing teams late into the shot clock on nearly every possession plus we are boxing out so much better too. I think the maximum effort on defense affects our shooting at times because we don't have a deep bench. What Fred and the new assistants have done with recruiting and coaching is outstanding.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Enjoy it this year because most of these guys will be done after the season and we'll start all over again next year. I'm really impressed with how the coaches have brought this team together. Hopefully we'll get a reboot.

You make my head hurt.  Yes we have a few Sr., but there is a good core that's buying into this style of basketball.  I think Fred is figuring out the Big 10.  

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2022 at 10:01 AM, Hayseed said:

Enjoy it this year because most of these guys will be done after the season and we'll start all over again next year. I'm really impressed with how the coaches have brought this team together. Hopefully we'll get a reboot.

Welcome to college basketball. It basically is a new team every year. Nothing new.