The 1890 Initiative

Mavric

Watching the FCS championship game, they said a SDSU kid turned down NIL deals to stay there.  (I am not sure if he meant real deals, or the chance at deals??  Not sure??)

Got me thinking, since collectives are, "not part of UNL", can they reach out to kids at other schools?

Just wondering if this is monitored??

1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

Watching the FCS championship game, they said a SDSU kid turned down NIL deals to stay there.  (I am not sure if he meant real deals, or the chance at deals??  Not sure??)

Got me thinking, since collectives are, "not part of UNL", can they reach out to kids at other schools?

Just wondering if this is monitored??

Not the University.  There seems that there are no regs for NIL. 

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Seems like a lofty title and job for a 23 year old right out of college with no experience.  But she's a former Husker so I am sure it will all work out.

Not unusual for people at smaller firms to get loftier titles than they would at bigger companies for their experience level. The other advantage of smaller firms is that you often wear multiple hats and get to be a part of a building process as many functions/tasks aren't refined and developed yet so you get a deeper understanding of what it takes. Often these types of roles are great to parlay to a similar title at a larger company if you are competent and build solid resume accomplishments. Good for her, she can use this as a good springboard if she works hard at it. 

• Plus1 2

On 1/9/2023 at 11:02 AM, Red Five said:

Seems like a lofty title and job for a 23 year old right out of college with no experience.  But she's a former Husker so I am sure it will all work out.

Job sounds like 'marketing coordinator/administrative assistant'.  FWIW I speak fluent job title BS and this is probably what the role entails.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1