The 1890 Initiative

Mavric

5 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I don’t get the hate for Matt D.  He was responsible for lots of good things but he didn’t coach nor recruit - he helped secure what few good players Frost chose to recruit.  Atleast that’s my view from the outside. 

For the people that don't like him, it's a combo of how he enabled Frost to the dire detriment of the program, made a cushy career coasting off of 'The Catch', and has only semi-successfully hidden his burgeoning MAGA support over the last few years. He also got notably worse in his color commentary job over the years - with the most recent seasons being full of a lot of silence and moans or groans in lieu of actual words.

• Plus1 1

Anyone doing this for NIL is not doing it for free.  Matt and Co will be compensated.  I think it's great that NU is putting this out there.  Unsure if there will be room for "individual" endorsements, but the 1890 Project is working for you as a player.  I think that this will be huge in the NIL game moving forward.  It is a "3rd party", but if you are a student-athlete at NU, it is readily there for you.....Great idea.  Here's an offer and some NIL....

• Plus1 1

How does this fund distribute the resources?  These NIL funds seem like Super PAC's to me in that there is unlimited funding with very little oversight where the only rule is that the fund cannot participate with the college.  The ON3 site shows potential NIL value for each recruit and someone like Trey Palmer had a NIL valuation of like $400k.  Does anyone know how much these kids are actually getting paid?

14 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

How does this fund distribute the resources?  These NIL funds seem like Super PAC's to me in that there is unlimited funding with very little oversight where the only rule is that the fund cannot participate with the college.  The ON3 site shows potential NIL value for each recruit and someone like Trey Palmer had a NIL valuation of like $400k.  Does anyone know how much these kids are actually getting paid?

Not sure how much anyone is getting paid individually.  It sounds like the model is they sign up with the collective and they get a monthly stipend which could include housing and cars.  They have to do some "work" for the collective which could be signing stuff, making appearances, etc.

• Thanks 1