Bob Wager Hired as Tight Ends Coach/Assistant Special Teams Coach

suh_fan93

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yep!

No s#!t.

With that said, it is the hardest teaching job.  But still...

I got a buddy that is going 3 extra years...to get his "buyout" from his district...of 100K instead of 83K.

It’s also a 60+ hour work week. Prepare on Saturdays too. Sporting/academic/fine art crap is thrown in. Not complaining but it’s not a 9-5, ham and egger job that some make it out to be.

• Thanks 2
6 hours ago, KCBuc said:

It’s also a 60+ hour work week. Prepare on Saturdays too. Sporting/academic/fine art crap is thrown in. Not complaining but it’s not a 9-5, ham and egger job that some make it out to be.

AD?  

Yeah, it can be.  Especially if you are actually staying at all that s#!t.  Most do the "pop in" just to be seen.

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

I know kindergarten teachers that make 6 figures..

Where? I've been teaching for 26 years in three different states, K-12 and college. The only teachers that ever made that were professors at universities (and this is only bigger institutions) or administrators (not teaching).

As for only working 9 months. Many teacher work on professional development (have to to stay certified), plan, and prep for fall classes during the summer. Most teachers have to get second jobs during the summer to help make ends meet. They don't get paid for the summer or any holidays/breaks.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, jager said:

Where? I've been teaching for 26 years in three different states, K-12 and college. The only teachers that ever made that were professors at universities (and this is only bigger institutions) or administrators (not teaching).

As for only working 9 months. Many teacher work on professional development (have to to stay certified), plan, and prep for fall classes during the summer. Most teachers have to get second jobs during the summer to help make ends meet. They don't get paid for the summer or any holidays/breaks.

@teachercd right now:

Chris Farley Bus Driver GIFs | Tenor

Also Teach?

Chris Farley Bus Driver GIFs | Tenor

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, jager said:

https://campussuite-storage.s3.amazonaws.com/prod/11165/bf837fc0-1ca3-11e6-b537-22000bd8490f/2324034/73c420e4-2537-11ec-9921-0ef54784cdf7/file/DGEA_2022-2023 Salary Schedule.pdf

17 years plus a Masters...102k

I am guessing you teach/taught in states that treat teachers like crap?  Kansas?  South Dakota (not on a rez), Iowa?  Mizzo?

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

I know kindergarten teachers that make 6 figures..

Tell me the district where this is ….. I am not denying what you are saying, especially post covid when you can’t find teachers. I have taught for 27, been a HC (football and track) for 25, drive a bud daily and teach an extra class, and still live below the triple digit mark. Spend my summers at weight room, install, speed training, camps and driving bus…. No 3 months off here.. I am not complaining, bc I chose my professional path and I love it… but, my daughter is 24, and in her 2nd year of career, making more than I do… lol

• Plus1 1