Bob Wager Hired as Tight Ends Coach/Assistant Special Teams Coach

suh_fan93

24 minutes ago, HANC said:

Tell me the district where this is ….. I am not denying what you are saying, especially post covid when you can’t find teachers. I have taught for 27, been a HC (football and track) for 25, drive a bud daily and teach an extra class, and still live below the triple digit mark. Spend my summers at weight room, install, speed training, camps and driving bus…. No 3 months off here.. I am not complaining, bc I chose my professional path and I love it… but, my daughter is 24, and in her 2nd year of career, making more than I do… lol

FYI….my 9 month comment was a joke. 

38 minutes ago, HANC said:

Tell me the district where this is ….. I am not denying what you are saying, especially post covid when you can’t find teachers. I have taught for 27, been a HC (football and track) for 25, drive a bud daily and teach an extra class, and still live below the triple digit mark. Spend my summers at weight room, install, speed training, camps and driving bus…. No 3 months off here.. I am not complaining, bc I chose my professional path and I love it… but, my daughter is 24, and in her 2nd year of career, making more than I do… lol

Sure, i posted two of them in Illinois above.  

Some states do an amazingly horrible job with how they compensate teachers, it is embarrassing.  

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

So, is Wager a good get?

Who knows, like most asst coaches, we will probably never really even notice if he is anything other than average.

• TBH 1

49 minutes ago, HANC said:

New Trier (Great schools by the way, out in IL too). 12th year with a masters...100K and they start at 60k

https://www.newtrier.k12.il.us/cms/lib/IL50000651/Centricity/Domain/318/NTEA Agreement 2019-2023.pdf

I know he is well respected as a high school coach and he does help us with recruiting down in Texas but how does he help teach high school tight ends to make them better overall?  This isn't to downgrade the hire just trying to understand the hire bc usually you hire a experience coach for a specific position.  Not saying he won't do good either bc he seems very driven to succeed and hungry but you could say that about all college coaches.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know he is well respected as a high school coach and he does help us with recruiting down in Texas but how does he help teach high school tight ends to make them better overall?  This isn't to downgrade the hire just trying to understand the hire bc usually you hire a experience coach for a specific position.  Not saying he won't do good either bc he seems very driven to succeed and hungry but you could say that about all college coaches.

Good coaches can teach the techniques of pretty much any position they are asked to teach. 

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Winning high school coaches know what they are talking about. They do not just win because they get lucky. Yes, some have unbelievable talent, but you have to know what you are doing to win like he has. Rhule made this hire to get us into Texas with a guy who is well connected and he can coach Tight ends which is a good starting position for him for college ball.

I wonder if he played or preferred to coach that position and he will also help out with special teams. Having two eyes on that is better than none like Nebraska had with Frost until year 5. I think this is a solid hire when you get a staff of 10 assistants and it helps that his son is coming here. Remember, Joey McGuire was hired by Rhule and is now a head coach. I will trust the guys he hires to the staff. 

• TBH 2
17 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Rich Fisher did pretty well at NU with receivers.  But I do get your point.  Odd with the "biggest pool of pay for assistants" we have 2 HS HC's on staff in some capacity.  BUT, both are in recruiting hotbeds and winning is winning.  :dunno