Time management

23 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

There's been a lot of consternation on this board the past few years regarding end of game clock management. I don't think anything we've seen was as bad as Harbaugh's today. Damn! 

Yeah he certainly didn't help out his team with trying to save his time outs to the very end.  Last time I checked you wanted to give your team the best chance to win which he didn't.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

There's been a lot of consternation on this board the past few years regarding end of game clock management. I don't think anything we've seen was as bad as Harbaugh's today. Damn! 

Harbaugh played it exactly right. Michigan has all 3 time outs if they get the 3rd down stop at 1:40. Much better situation than getting a 3rd down stop with no TOs and 2:45 on the clock.

Harbaugh's onside kick was another well played gambit

Edited by Gage County
JH can piss up a knotted rope for all I care.
  • Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
14 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Harbaugh’s clock management didn’t cost Michigan any time, once TCU got the initial first down of that late possession. Whether he took the timeout immediately after TCU achieved the first down or waited like he did, there was always going to be 50-60 seconds left when TCU was punting the ball away.

Exactly, I actually thought Harbaugh played the time pretty well

14 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Harbaugh’s clock management didn’t cost Michigan any time, once TCU got the initial first down of that late possession. Whether he took the timeout immediately after TCU achieved the first down or waited like he did, there was always going to be 50-60 seconds left when TCU was punting the ball away.

He actually saved them about 10 seconds not taking the TO when TCU got the 1st down.  The clock stops there until the chains are set, so only 30ish seconds run off the clock.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1