I use Accuweather.

I can’t prove this but it seems to have gotten much less reliable/accurate over the past couple years. It’s still good for current conditions but the forecast looking ahead has been very unreliable lately. It seems to have been much better in the past. Maybe it’s just the weather being more unpredictable :dunno

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 11:55 AM, JJ Husker said:

I use Accuweather.

I can’t prove this but it seems to have gotten much less reliable/accurate over the past couple years. It’s still good for current conditions but the forecast looking ahead has been very unreliable lately. It seems to have been much better in the past. Maybe it’s just the weather being more unpredictable :dunno

I was using accuweather but, they have gone crazy with adds popping up when using.  Got very frustrating. 

So, I’ve been looking for something different. Currently using the weather bug. 

On 1/3/2023 at 2:28 PM, Xmas32 said:

The most hardcore one that I'm aware of is RadarScope which I think you have to pay a few bucks for.  It has every bell and whistle you can imagine if you love getting into the weeds on weather.

MyRadar is the best free radar app I’ve found. 

16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was using accuweather but, they have gone crazy with adds popping up when using.  Got very frustrating. 

So, I’ve been looking for something different. Currently using the weather bug. 

MyRadar is the best free radar app I’ve found. 

I gotcha, your original post asked if there was something better.  I think RadarScope is better but you have to pay for it.  You didn't make any mention of paid versus free so I figured I'd include it.

47 minutes ago, garn said:

There's really no difference between all of them.  They all use whatever the "offical temperature" is from your nearest airport and all push out warnings and watches from the National Weather Service based on the location of your phone.

The weird thing is, I've seen some differences between Accuweather and Weather Bug.  However, it's mostly in the projections.  They must get projections from different sources.

On 1/27/2023 at 2:47 PM, BigRedBuster said:

The weird thing is, I've seen some differences between Accuweather and Weather Bug.  However, it's mostly in the projections.  They must get projections from different sources.

It's probably how they are interpreting the models.