Garret McGuire Hired as Wide Receivers Coach

Mavric

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I couldn’t care less that his dad is also a football couch. 

What I like is that he isn't following his dad around. That's a good way to spoil a person's potential in my opinion. Seen it lots of times. He's being given responsibilities and is much more likely to be held accountable for it. 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I couldn’t care less that his dad is also a football couch. 

It doesn’t bother me that Rhule hired Joey McGuire’s son for NU. I just generally don’t like how college and NFL football coaching is inundated with nepotism hires. It makes it challenging for guys to get into coaching and be successful. 

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It doesn’t bother me that Rhule hired Joey McGuire’s son for NU. I just generally don’t like how college and NFL football coaching is inundated with nepotism hires. It makes it challenging for guys to get into coaching and be successful. 

These hires are done because they have been around great minds that understand the game. There have to be relationships that are created in order to have trust and credibility. If people want to get into the coaching game start at middle school and work your way up, or play at a high level and create a relationship with your coach…

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I couldn’t care less about any of that.  

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1
Just now, jamrinelli said:

These hires are done because they have been around great minds that understand the game. There have to be relationships that are created in order to have trust and credibility. If people want to get into the coaching game start at middle school and work your way up, or play at a high level and create a relationship with your coach…

“Being around great minds” is the excuse that is used. There are so many qualified coaches out there, who don’t get the same opportunities because they aren’t related to someone who’s been in the game for decades prior.

• Plus1 3
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

“Being around great minds” is the excuse that is used. There are so many qualified coaches out there, who don’t get the same opportunities because they aren’t related to someone who’s been in the game for decades prior.

Well I am seeing so many of those that are around great minds that are successful. Maybe they should have to prove that they interviewed a female that doesn’t know a coach that is a different religion and color to make you happy. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

True, but that’s also the case in pretty much every profession 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1