OT Walter Rouse -> Oklahoma

Mavric

Is he good or real good?

I mean, 35+ game starter sounds nice on paper.  Reality is that the first 12-24 games learning OTJ.  Did he improve?  Is he a top transfer O-Lineman?

Just curious before getting excited about it.  No disrespect for the player.  And I know we benefit from adding experienced lineman here that would make a difference.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, admo said:

Is he good or real good?

I mean, 35+ game starter sounds nice on paper.  Reality is that the first 12-24 games learning OTJ.  Did he improve?  Is he a top transfer O-Lineman?

Just curious before getting excited about it.  No disrespect for the player.  And I know we benefit from adding experienced lineman here that would make a difference.

Thoughts?

From what I read on his draft profile he as had trouble with quicker de.  If you go look his draft profile up it will tell you how many sacks he allowed year by year and hurries.  I don't remember the numbers off hand sorry.  You can go to nfldraftbuzz.com and look his name up.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, admo said:

Is he good or real good?

Thoughts?

My perspective is that Rouse is a very intriguing prospect and would be a great addition for us. Very smart, large body with speed to move at his size and also a likable person from interviews I've seen. May struggle with the physicality change from the Pac-12 to Big Ten, but might be a more natural fit with what Rhule is looking to run. Helps that he's had several years of starting experience so the conference change may not be large of a switch. Would definitely like to see him come to Lincoln. 

IMO - Stanford has underachieved with offensive linemen for several years. Numerous highly rated, large bodies with skill and not much to show for it given the talent. Rouse came in as a mid-rated recruit, filled in his freshman year when an injury happened and he never gave up his spot. Wouldn't be able to accomplish that unless he had some good talent in him.

5 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Saw some smoke on Twitter from an Iowa guy saying they are out.  Didnt see them as a good fit.  Don't know how to post that stuff on here.  @PatHardy twitter posted it.  Nebraska and OU battle??

Wish I felt more confident in the fact that we have a chance to land him.  Even though he visited feel like Oklahoma or Iowa have the advantage.

• Mavric changed the title to OT Walter Rouse -> Nebraska
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Walter Rouse -> Oklahoma
  • Mavric pinned this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic