OT Walter Rouse -> Oklahoma

Mavric

14 hours ago, Mavric said:

Piper was our overall highest-graded OL last year.

He is also the fastest of all our O linemen. I am friends with a local high school football coach who had to play Norfolk Catholic in the playoffs. He told me that Ethan P on defense was catching his running backs from behind. Piper would be the lineman you want for a pulling guard.

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Link

But I'm sure the people here know much better...

Over the last 16 years, PFF has built the world's most comprehensive football database, covering every player on every play of every game for the NFL, FBS and FCS. Their data and tools are trusted by all 32 NFL teams, 120 FBS teams, 29 FCS teams in addition to professional leagues such as the CFL, USFL & XFL. PFF's services are also used by TV networks, player agencies and video game companies, just to name a few.

I'm not trying to start a debate, but that's a sales quote, not a demonstration of validity or effectiveness.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
13 hours ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

Do we know what Rouse's PFF grade was this last season?

The article I read yesterday graded both his run and pass blocking in the low 70s. The overall grade was 71 or 72.

I don't know enough about PFF grades to know if that's NFL/All-American/1st Team All Conference or what. But I'm sure that would make him one of the better lineman on the team as far as PFF grades go.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

5 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Well his pff is much better than our current tackleschuckleshuffle:D

I just look at guys like Anthony and Williams that came in as transfers but really haven't contributed much.  Williams came from a lower level and the Big might have been too much for him.  Rouse seems to have played more at Stanford than Anthony did at OSU.  

So, I'm hopeful that Rouse contributes way more than these two transfers have.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I just look at guys like Anthony and Williams that came in as transfers but really haven't contributed much.  Williams came from a lower level and the Big might have been too much for him.  Rouse seems to have played more at Stanford than Anthony did at OSU.  

So, I'm hopeful that Rouse contributes way more than these two transfers have.

I agree.  I thought Anthony would contribute more, even though he lost his starting position at okie st the year before. 

• Mavric changed the title to OT Walter Rouse -> Oklahoma
  • Mavric unpinned this topic