OT Walter Rouse -> Oklahoma

Mavric

1 minute ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

What makes his character less than any of the portal guys who signed with Nebraska?

The whole "I'M COMING TO NEBRASKA" on Wednesday then the "I"M COMMITTED TO OK" Saturday.  

Don't think we have any portal guys that flipped to us after comitting to another team two days prior.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1
13 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Win some lose some, it is just the way it is now. It seemed like Rhule was going after high character guys. This guy doesn’t fit that bill. His loss.

Yeah, just because Rouseleft last minute for a better offer, doesn’t make him low character. It’s just part of the recruiting game now.  It’s sucks, but this doesn’t change who Rouse is over the course of 3 days. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

What makes his character less than any of the portal guys who signed with Nebraska?

His commitment is worthless, a guy saying one thing with fanfare only to change days later is low character. Heck maybe he’ll change again next week!  This is very different than a guy who went to a school and it didn’t work out for whatever reason (coach change, got buried on the depth chart, graduated, looking for a new opportunity, etc).  This reeks of hey baby I know I invited you to prom but I found someone hotter. Low character. 

• TBH 4
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, just because Rouseleft last minute for a better offer, doesn’t make him low character. It’s just part of the recruiting game now.  It’s sucks, but this doesn’t change who Rouse is over the course of 3 days. 

I think for many of us, a person's word (aka commitment) meaning something and the ability to prove that by honoring it is the definition of character.

I get it that these guys have offers coming out the ying yang - that's why you take your time and fully look over all the opportunities and what is a real fit before committing.  If it's $ that is the driving factor, cool -  I know that's a big part of it today, especially for the Sr year transfers, and especially the O line, but I tend to be ok saying buh bye to folks that do this.

I didn't have an opinion of him before, but the one I have of him now def will remember the lack of of honoring his word.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

His commitment is worthless, a guy saying one thing with fanfare only to change days later is low character. Heck maybe he’ll change again next week!  This is very different than a guy who went to a school and it didn’t work out for whatever reason (coach change, got buried on the depth chart, graduated, looking for a new opportunity, etc).  This reeks of hey baby I know I invited you to prom but I found someone hotter. Low character. 

I'll hold you to this if and when any player flips to Nebraska. 

• TBH 1