Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

The Free Press has confirmed that Michigan is expected to receive an official notice of allegations from the NCAA soon, charging the program with four Level II violations — those deemed “more than a minimal but less than a substantial or extensive recruiting, competitive or other advantage” according to a description adopted in 2019 — and Harbaugh himself with a Level I violation — a “severe breach of conduct” that “seriously undermine or threaten the integrity of college sports,” per the guidelines.

The punishment for the Level I violation — which the Free Press has learned is for Harbaugh lying or misleading NCAA investigators — would be levied against him personally, and could include a suspension for a game or multiple games.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2023/01/06/michigan-football-jim-harbaugh-hit-ncaa-violations-allegations/69783318007/

The violations include alleged impermissible contact with recruits during the NCAA-mandated dead periods, as well as the use of a defensive analyst for on-field coaching activities, a rules violation.

Michigan has not received a notice of allegations from the NCAA but could in the coming days or weeks, according to sources.

• Plus1 1
  • Toe changed the title to Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Didn't you hear Harbaugh is going to the NFL anyway. he thinks the NCAA is inconsistent and useless and college recruiting is a pain. 

Honestly, I would just give the NCAA the double bird and move on. Or better yet, dock Harbaugh 200K and donate it to his favorite charity.

The NCAA won't even control football at the DIV 1 level in a few years.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know very few care but had to share who Harbaugh picked as acting head coaches and assistants for his suspension. It's hilarious because the strength and conditioning coach and his 80+ year old father become assistants. Nice middle finger.

Minter (DC) gets ECU. Likely headed back to the NFL next year.

Jay Harbaugh (son) gets the first half of UNLV, Hart (RB) the second. Both future HCs. 

Moore (OC) gets Bowling Green. Future HC. 

Ben Herbert (SC)  and Jack Harbaugh (Dad) temporary assistants to fill in, hilariously.

• 1 month later...