National Championship Game TCU vs Georgia

National Championships Game  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eh, why does TCU have to be Boise State in this game scenario? :blink:

As if Georgia is this mighty SEC giant, and TCU doesn't belong because they don't have a brand name identity as Michigan, Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma?

What TCU has done to get here has broken through barriers of a college football playoff system, then won a semifinal game against an extremely good Michigan team.  And Michigan is better than Ohio State, because the Wolverines have beaten the Buckeyes 2 years in a row.  And then we saw Ohio State nearly beat Georgia on a field goal attempt.  

But TCU doesn't belong?  They beat Michigan.

What I take away from this is that TCU has broken through the system and gives hope to Nebraska.  It gives us proof and a perspective that it is possible to play for a national title, in a national championship game, despite the mountains of odds against you when the season begins.  And to me, that is what makes this championship game so sweet and special.  

Sure, Georgia is the heavy favorite, not sure why, but they are a favorite to win for sure.  But to get to the game, to do what you have to do to get there, to represent, and to play with fire and confidence makes it worthwhile.

Win or Lose, you did it TCU.  Go Frogs!

8 minutes ago, admo said:

As if Georgia is this mighty SEC giant, and TCU doesn't belong because they don't have a brand name identity as Michigan, Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma?

What TCU has done to get here has broken through barriers of a college football playoff system, then won a semifinal game against an extremely good Michigan team.  And Michigan is better than Ohio State, because the Wolverines have beaten the Buckeyes 2 years in a row.  And then we saw Ohio State nearly beat Georgia on a field goal attempt.  

What I take away from this is that TCU has broken through the system and gives hope to Nebraska.  It gives us proof and a perspective that it is possible to play for a national title, in a national championship game, despite the mountains of odds against you when the season begins.  And to me, that is what makes this championship game so sweet and special.  

Sure, Georgia is the heavy favorite, not sure why, but they are a favorite to win for sure.  But to get to the game, to do what you have to do to get there, to represent, and to play with fire and confidence makes it worthwhile.

Its not that they don't belong I never said that but bettors believe in Georgia.  TCU is a double digit under dog going in.  Yes TCU has a good team do I believe they have the depth to match Georgia that's the question.   Ohio State played their best football against Georgia and CJ Stoud decided to finally not just sit in the pocket and throw.  That is in no way to diminish anything TCU has done to that point.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Its not that they don't belong I never said that but bettors believe in Georgia.  TCU is a double digit under dog going in.  Yes TCU has a good team do I believe they have the depth to match Georgia that's the question.   Ohio State played their best football against Georgia and CJ Stoud decided to finally not just sit in the pocket and throw.  That is in no way to diminish anything TCU has done to that point.

I know, no worries.  I'm proud of TCU and it gives me hope for the Huskers in the future.

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

My heart is with TCU.  But, my head is with Georgia.

I really hope TCU plays their asses off and beats them.

Well said.

It will be exciting !!! My menu at home....

Barbacoa street tacos, carne asada tacos, barracho beans, warm queso n chips, pico, and Modelo Negra !!!!!!

Fort Worth for the Win !!!!! or Not !!!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

I'm going to be rooting like crazy for TCU (after I get home from a basketball game, assuming it's still a game at that point).  

And I'm not saying they don't belong.

But they've been hanging on by a thread all season.  And they needed a complete implosion by Michigan to barely hang on to win.  Two pick-sixes.  Michigan go to their two-yard line three times in the first half and came away with a total of three points.  

Michigan could have easily won by 2-3 TDs.  I don't think Georgia makes the same mistakes.  And they have a better offense than the Michigan one that put up 45 on TCU despite the afore-mentioned failures.

• Oh Yeah! 1
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ll be over at 6:00. 

In that case bring some bourbon and cola, we got plenty of limes !!!  And we got a bed cot in guest bedroom so you know you staying over !!!!!  It's a sofa bed actually but my girl's sista says it's great to pass out on lol !!!!  

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm going to be rooting like crazy for TCU (after I get home from a basketball game, assuming it's still a game at that point).  

And I'm not saying they don't belong.

But they've been hanging on by a tread all season.  And they needed a complete implosion by Michigan to barely hang on to win.  Two pick-sixes.  Michigan go to their two-yard line three times in the first half and came away with a total of three points.  

Michigan could have easily won by 2-3 TDs.  I don't think Georgia makes the same mistakes.  And they have a better offense than the Michigan one that put up 45 on TCU despite the afore-mentioned failures.

I can't argue with your take, cause your my guy. 

Come have some Modelo and tacos chuckleshufflechuckleshuffle  with beans n rice !!! :)

• Oh Yeah! 1

5 minutes ago, admo said:

In that case bring some bourbon and cola, we got plenty of limes !!!  And we got a bed cot in guest bedroom so you know you staying over !!!!!  It's a sofa bed actually but my girl's sista says it's great to pass out on lol !!!!  

I’ll bring the cola for you.  I drink my bourbon straight on the rocks. 

After that, I don’t care where I sleep. 

• Oh Yeah! 1