National Championship Game TCU vs Georgia

National Championships Game  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Omaha-Husker said:

Bummer that this is going to pass the Huskers against Florida in the Fiesta Bowl for the biggest margin of victory in a title game.

Well, Nebraska's was against a team that way closer in talent than what Georgia was to TCU.  I highly doubt if TCU comes back and wins the NC next year.  But....They'll start the year with a chance like everyone else.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

How do you know?  Those 3 and 4 seeded teams never had the chance to win it like the ones Mavric mentioned above.

My point isn’t the top 4 it’s the fact that after 4 you had an entire year to be a top 4 team. Teams are playing 13-14 with the CCG games included and still don’t have more than 1 quality win. Utah lost to a average Florida team. USC beat a bunch of nobody’s. Penn st beat nobody and got dominated by the top 2 in the BIG. Clemson beat nobody. Tennessee faded at the end of the year. Once the criteria is to let these teams in it doesn’t stop there. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, huskerfan702 said:

My point isn’t the top 4 it’s the fact that after 4 you had an entire year to be a top 4 team. Teams are playing 13-14 with the CCG games included and still don’t have more than 1 quality win. Utah lost to a average Florida team. USC beat a bunch of nobody’s. Penn st beat nobody and got dominated by the top 2 in the BIG. Clemson beat nobody. Tennessee faded at the end of the year. Once the criteria is to let these teams in it doesn’t stop there. 

Well, we've already screwed the pooch on that since we allow teams in that didn't win their conference....and two from one conference with only a 4 team playoff.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

When one looks at the conference records in the playoffs, it makes you wonder going forward how likely it will be for some of the conferences to even get a team into the playoffs?  The SEC has completely dominated since we've had the playoffs.  If it hadn't been for Clemson in a lot of those years, they might as well have filled the four slots with SEC teams.  Even with expansion, it would seem the SEC will more than likely fill half the bracket.  

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, we've already screwed the pooch on that since we allow teams in that didn't win their conference....and two from one conference with only a 4 team playoff.

Exactly. Me personally I don’t agree with opening that door to even bigger issues I’d rather live with the problems we have. 

3 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Football is played on the field. Yes upsets can happen and rankings aren’t always a true reflection of a team. The point is if their is no high quality criteria to get in the playoff it waters down the process. Non conference schedules and CC games are less and less important. 

The CC games are already not important.  TCU didn't win their conference.  Ohio State didn't win their conference.  Last year, the NC didn't win their conference.  Once expansion occurs, CC games need to go away.  They already don't mean anything, and what's the point in playing one additional meaningless game?  

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

The CC games are already not important.  TCU didn't win their conference.  Ohio State didn't win their conference.  Last year, the NC didn't win their conference.  Once expansion occurs, CC games need to go away.  They already don't mean anything, and what's the point in playing one additional meaningless game?  

And, in a four team playoff, TCU and OSU shouldn’t have been in.  8+ teams?  Fine.  But, with four, reward the teams that win their conference.  There isn’t enough quality non conference games to be able to judge which is better.  

• Plus1 1