How would you grade the hiring of Matt Rhule so far?

Grading Rhule (so far)  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I believe life is like gym class.  Pass or fail.

It doesn’t matter if you’re the tether ball champion at Fuzzy Bush Elementary or trying to lock down a solid recruiting class.

This one is a pass.  Good thread Matty.

(C) Right down the middle! Neither pass or fail. Best I can say is promising, encouraged. 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, M.A. said:

There that should last you a few days. You'll have to get your own milk! :D

Probably doesn't like milk and cookies... :facepalm:

StackOfCookies.png.125ed07a216ec4136ada621157d43f61.png

My amazing body was built on milk and cookies!!!  Which makes me think, shouldn’t it be cookies and milk? I mean, you eat the cookie, and then drink the milk to wash it down/cleanse the palate. 

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My amazing body was built on milk and cookies!!!  Which makes me think, shouldn’t it be cookies and milk? I mean, you eat the cookies, and then drink the milk to wash it down/cleanse the palate. 

:thumbs You got it! One right after the other.

• Oh Yeah! 1

11 minutes ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

I'm drinking the Rhule-A(de):koolaid2:. His recruiting really has impressed me. I am holding out hope that the young staff additions will become a part of the successful and expanding coaching tree Rhule has planted. Pardon the pun.

Pretty remarkable. They've done well!

9 hours ago, Kayvan said:

I agree with you and I’m not advocating that Prime is a better hire, but he does have the #1 transfer class in the country right now. 

And overall their class is at #22. With less than a month full time at cu that's impressive. 

But back on topic, you can't grade homework that ain't been turned in.

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, BigRigX said:

And overall their class is at #22. With less than a month full time at cu that's impressive. 

But back on topic, you can't grade homework that ain't been turned in.

I get you and alot of people with that assessment on him playing a actually game yet before you judge him.  All I'm asking is how do you feel before that with everything that has transpired with the coaching staff hires, his recruiting class and the buzz around the program. There were alot of people that got burned from our previous coach it's ok we all can heal and move on lol.  If your not actually judging him before he coaches a game cool beans.

I'm not sold on the staff he's assembled.  Lots of question marks if not downright red flags.  Not just on the offensive side, TCU's 3-3-5 was thoroughly exposed last night.  D+ maybe?  Seems like we could have gotten a lot more proven guys with all the money we're throwing around.

The recruiting efforts have been solid, but I've read Colorado currently has the #1 transfer class in the country.  Colorado!  So I hesitate giving a A here.  Maybe a solid B.

A+ on winning the press conference. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 3

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Georgia has way more talent. It wasn’t scheme which killed TCU last night. 

Ehhhh if your QB is casually jogging into the endzone, following 2 lead blockers who don't even need to block anyone, then that has basically nothing to do with superior athletic ability and everything to do with the defensive scheme being exploited.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
5 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'm not sold on the staff he's assembled.  Lots of question marks if not downright red flags.  Not just on the offensive side, TCU's 3-3-5 was thoroughly exposed last night.  D+ maybe?  Seems like we could have gotten a lot more proven guys with all the money we're throwing around.

The recruiting efforts have been solid, but I've read Colorado currently has the #1 transfer class in the country.  Colorado!  So I hesitate giving a A here.  Maybe a solid B.

A+ on winning the press conference. 

Agreed. Biggest staff $$ pool in the history of the program and multiple hires are genuinely baffling. I think there’s been public comments from Rhule and White regarding not strictly using the 3-3-5. So that’s encouraging. But guys like Raiola, Knighton and McGuire are admittedly concerning. 

The recruiting is nice, but …Callahan, Bo, Riley and Frost all recruited well here too.  Is recruiting to Neb more difficult than some other places? Yes. No question. But multiple staffs have turned in top 25 classes, and all have consistently outrecruited our division. I’m not sold on this narrative that recruiting to Neb is some impossible, Herculean feat. 

Overall, still wait and see mode. Some things have been nice. Some are concerning. C. 

• TBH 1