How would you grade the hiring of Matt Rhule so far?

Grading Rhule (so far)  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 1/9/2023 at 3:59 PM, Spacer said:

Colorado was in an ever worse spot, and Deion has put together a class that is almost unbelievable with all things considered.

On 1/10/2023 at 4:57 AM, The Dude said:

I've read Colorado currently has the #1 transfer class in the country.  Colorado!  So I hesitate giving a A here.  Maybe a solid B.

There were only like four teams in the country that took more than twelve transfers this year. Deion is over here taking twenty-one. Remember when we used to make fun of guys like Ron Prince for making "bold and daring moves" with huge transfer classes?

Or, you know, Fred Hoiberg? :facepalm:

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Toe said:

^ Personally, I think the odds of it all going down in flames hilariously are pretty high. Especially if the rumors that Colorado ain't got the money to pay him are true...

Well, since the CU AD has literally said they don't have the money it's not exactly rumor.

What they are referring to is his full contract, not his immediate salary.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 1/12/2023 at 9:47 PM, Hayseed said:

I rate Rhule pretty high so far, but I’m not interested in any more off-season championships.

I get it but he is doing everything in his power to show us fans he is definitely trying to win the off-season championship.  I really thought he was done adding on to roster.  Boy I was wrong with the addition of some more players especially from Georgia Im changing my grade to a A bc I feel like those players will make a difference.  Yes im still suspect on the line play but Im doing a wait and see approach on that but other then that I feel really  positive about the outlook of the team.

On 1/9/2023 at 5:43 PM, GSG said:

F------------------

Rhule hasn't posted any sweet dancing videos on his InstantGram or TikTok.

He hired a few position coaches that I've never heard of and I know ALL the positions coaches in all of footbaw

He too busy posting emoticons on his Tweeter which is why we haven't won a game and don't have the #1 recrootin class! 

I laughed so hard on this... best post I've seen for days!! Thank You @GSG

• Plus1 1

I would come down on the A-side. And this is rating the hire, not the results. And the rating comes front the idea of other people wanting him right away after he left Carolina, there was talk because he has a rep as a program builder. And then he got hired, and most of the feedback from the national side was positive. I heard him speak. He sounded like was a together sort of guy. 

Wait until September. And then we find out.

We were all over the moon excited for Frost and blinded by his Husker history and UCF success, 

This time we go in with our eyes wide open. The coach has a good rep for college. People are saying good things. 

As Husker fans, we wait and hope. That's all we can do.

• Plus1 2
On 1/12/2023 at 9:47 PM, Hayseed said:

I rate Rhule pretty high so far, but I’m not interested in any more off-season championships.

Yeah I know we all have been disappointed by the lack of season success but I feel like in order to win during the season you have to take care of the off-season stuff either by adding the right talent, putting the right coaches in place and going out and putting in the time and effort to establish relationship with high school coaches.  HC Matt Rhule has done a outstanding job doing that part just want to see results and I have faith we will this upcoming season.

4 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yeah I know we all have been disappointed by the lack of season success but I feel like in order to win during the season you have to take care of the off-season stuff either by adding the right talent, putting the right coaches in place and going out and putting in the time and effort to establish relationship with high school coaches.  HC Matt Rhule has done a outstanding job doing that part just want to see results and I have faith we will this upcoming season.

That sounds good but until this tree bears fruit who knows. Been down this road a few times since Bo I’ll wait until we play an opponent to say

On 1/12/2023 at 5:43 PM, Toe said:

There were only like four teams in the country that took more than twelve transfers this year. Deion is over here taking twenty-one. Remember when we used to make fun of guys like Ron Prince for making "bold and daring moves" with huge transfer classes?

Or, you know, Fred Hoiberg? :facepalm:

No but I remember a lot of people making fun of Bill Snyder for taking a lot of JUCO transfers, then it ended up working out pretty well for him.  Either way it's a vastly different landscape now so what people made fun of before we had 24/7 free agency is irrelevant. 

• TBH 2

I feel alot better about Coach Rhule I would say then I did about Coach Frost. He seems confident but not cocky, seems really down to Earth and a hard working guy. From his recruiting travel alone he definitely is put in the time. 

Also I think is college track record is more impressive to me then Coach Frost's one year miracle at UCF. 

A

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1