LB M.J. Sherman -> Nebraska

Mavric

9 minutes ago, Farms said:

That's really tough when you're competing with a bunch NFL guys in front of you.  It sounds like both he and Borders are going to be good additions to the locker room as well as the on the field.

I thought Stephon Wynn was solid for use last year, and that's where I'm setting my expectations for Sherman. Both were highly rated guys not breaking into the rotation at the truly elite schools for various reasons. Maybe another year removed from the knee stuff brings back some explosiveness, and maybe he is very good and was just totally blocked by incredible talents. But I'll settle for a special teams demon who is a solid defender and will be pleasantly surprised if he exceeds that.

11 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I thought Stephon Wynn was solid for use last year, and that's where I'm setting my expectations for Sherman. Both were highly rated guys not breaking into the rotation at the truly elite schools for various reasons. Maybe another year removed from the knee stuff brings back some explosiveness, and maybe he is very good and was just totally blocked by incredible talents. But I'll settle for a special teams demon who is a solid defender and will be pleasantly surprised if he exceeds that.

My feeling based on what I've read (and my gut) is that he can come in and be every bit as good as Caleb Tannor was and if we're lucky, maybe better.  But I don't expect him to be a complete bust like Tyreke Johnson.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • 7 months later...

• Mavric unpinned this topic