Road House...the remake

• 6 months later...

• 5 months later...

On 1/16/2023 at 7:36 PM, teachercd said:

In my life there are two movies that I still don't know how they were green lighted. 

1:  Footloose.   I love the movie but imagine trying to convince a studio to give you money for it??

2.  Roadhouse...I mean...it is about a legendary bouncer/cooler 

Cocaine and the 1980s.

On 1/18/2023 at 7:45 AM, knapplc said:

I've never seen the original Roadhouse.

Road House is one of maybe 2 movies that, if it's on, I'll watch it no matter what time it is. 

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
15 hours ago, knapplc said:

Is the original streaming somewhere? A year later, still haven't seen it.

Man that is a shame.  I feel bad that you missed out on it.  It's Legendary. 

I'm not sure if you watch it these days for the very first time that it would feel like it when it came out.  Meaning, it was an era movie and it was super cheesy........ So cheesy you didn't mind watching 5, 6, 8 or 12 times again.  

But if you do watch it, I hope you like it.  Keep in mind it was a late 80s vibe. And the film definitely shows it's time period. 

I mean, if I never saw "Say Anything" or "Heathers" or "Weird Science" or "Risky Business" or "St. Elmos Fire"..........I'm not sure if I would like them today seeing them for the first time.  But back then?  Shoot.... 

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, admo said:

Man that is a shame.  I feel bad that you missed out on it.  It's Legendary. 

I'm not sure if you watch it these days for the very first time that it would feel like it when it came out.  Meaning, it was an era movie and it was super cheesy........ So cheesy you didn't mind watching 5, 6, 8 or 12 times again.  

But if you do watch it, I hope you like it.  Keep in mind it was a late 80s vibe. And the film definitely shows it's time period. 

I mean, if I never saw "Say Anything" or "Heathers" or "Weird Science" or "Risky Business" or "St. Elmos Fire"..........I'm not sure if I would like them today seeing them for the first time.  But back then?  Shoot.... 

You have to watch Road House simply because Kelly Lynch is throwing 98mph gas in it. Man, she is so good looking.

• Oh Yeah! 1

51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is on tomorrow's agenda.

That's awesome!  Just remember to have low to no expectations.

And be sure to have a good greasy bar platter food ready to go when you watch it.

You will start out like this.....

Bar-Food-Ideas-Exploring-Profitable-Menu-Options.png

Which will turn a into this.....

3309073404_e9a2cfa621_c.jpg

Then some more of this.....

coors-banquet-the-banquet-beer-small-8.jpg

And by halfway into... it will feel and look like this....

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So, I am not sure about all of you but I watch movies to kill time and not to be "impressed" 

Just entertain me, that is all.  Road House is horrible but it is entertaining because it is so bad but tries to be serious. 

Road House is great because he round houses a bunch of dudes. That's it. That's the movie. 

But I agree with you. I don't think I'm easily entertained but I'm definitely not snobby about "films" 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, GSG said:

Road House is great because he round houses a bunch of dudes. That's it. That's the movie. 

But I agree with you. I don't think I'm easily entertained but I'm definitely not snobby about "films" 

Film snobs miss or fake-miss so much.

Airplane and Naked Gun are two of the funniest most entertaining movies of all time...yet...no Oscar nods.  Why?  No reason.

Tombstone might be the greatest western ever and Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday might be one of the best supporting actor performances ever...but he did not get nominated. 

I think film-dorks forget why movies first got made...they were to compete for our time and money...that is all.

• Plus1 2