OT Jacob Hood -> Nebraska

Mavric

1 hour ago, swmohusker said:

True, but spending a year on georgias scout team is going to prepare him well to take on the big ten west. He went against NFL players everyday in practice. 

I don’t disagree but so did Tyreke Johnson. Solid team and solid high school rating doesn’t translate to success. Need to see it. 

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to OT Jacob Hood -> Nebraska
  • Mavric pinned this topic

Absolutely love this commit!!!!!  Big Dawg going to push his way into the 2-Deep rotation right away.  Big time recruit out of HS that Huskers fans would love to have, and now he's got his RFR year out of the way from Georgia.  

With our current room of offensive linemen, this big young fella will get the opportunity to push through the competition and be a Dawg on the line in some early games.  We saw how Raiola rotated guys, pulling some experienced players and running in some younger guys for snaps.  

I don't say that as he will be earn a starting spot, but a highly recruited RFR from Georgia - with his size - can earn some snaps here and there the upcoming season and push for a starting role after next season.  

This is just a great addition to the Huskers

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
13 hours ago, admo said:

Absolutely love this commit!!!!!  Big Dawg going to push his way into the 2-Deep rotation right away.  Big time recruit out of HS that Huskers fans would love to have, and now he's got his RFR year out of the way from Georgia.  

With our current room of offensive linemen, this big young fella will get the opportunity to push through the competition and be a Dawg on the line in some early games.  We saw how Raiola rotated guys, pulling some experienced players and running in some younger guys for snaps.  

I don't say that as he will be earn a starting spot, but a highly recruited RFR from Georgia - with his size - can earn some snaps here and there the upcoming season and push for a starting role after next season.  

This is just a great addition to the Huskers

I definitely am excited for this transfer as well.  Yes I understand alot of people don't care about rankings and want production first but I will say rankings for the most part do matter and I certainly feel like he can't be any worse then Bryce Benhart. He could earn a starting spot bc its there for the taking.

4 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I definitely am excited for this transfer as well.  Yes I understand alot of people don't care about rankings and want production first but I will say rankings for the most part do matter and I certainly feel like he can't be any worse then Bryce Benhart. He could earn a starting spot bc its there for the taking.

Hood is a project.  He went to Georgia over 400 lbs, and is coming here at 350 lbs.  He still needs to reshape his body to be a viable option on the field.  Yes, he appears to have talent, and it's great he has a number of years of eligibility, but I think it's a long shot for him to see the field for meaningful snaps in 2023.

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Hood is a project.  He went to Georgia over 400 lbs, and is coming here at 350 lbs.  He still needs to reshape his body to be a viable option on the field.  Yes, he appears to have talent, and it's great he has a number of years of eligibility, but I think it's a long shot for him to see the field for meaningful snaps in 2023.

Hopefully he embraces the strength and conditioning program. 

Say those numbers are accurate, that suggests to me he’s reached the point where another 20 lbs is all that’s needed. He’s a big man. Period. 6-8 325 is not overweight and might be a tad ‘thin’ for his size. 

For someone that’s 70 lbs over weight, the hard part is the first 50.  By then, he already feels much better and he gets the personal satisfaction of actually seeing the big changes.  Now, the visible results are there and become the incentive to do even more. 

I am guessing same as everyone else but it won’t surprise me if this guy IS a factor in the fall.  He’s maturing from being a teenager into a man (18 into 20 essentially).  Just my hunch. 

42 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I will add some have signed nil deals and that's how you know their on campus.  Jeff Sims, Billy Kemp but the majority just enroll like originally said.

NIL deals aren't tied to the university. If both parties really wanted to and state laws allowed it, a player could sign a NIL agreement before ever enrolling.

5 minutes ago, desertshox said:

NIL deals aren't tied to the university. If both parties really wanted to and state laws allowed it, a player could sign a NIL agreement before ever enrolling.

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I knew the first part but I thought the whole point of signing nils is bc your supposed to be enrolled before you sign.

I imagine the collectives are not interested in signing players who aren't enrolled, especially after the Florida debacle. So I think it's a pretty safe assumption, but not a guarantee.

• Mavric unpinned this topic