"Making sure that all of the most up-to-date training and recovery modalities are part of our process."

I think Will said that the wr coach question came, in part, From a chat group he is in with former husker players.

One part of coach’s answer That no one has mentioned is that MacGuire Is an incredible football mind, a young up-and-comer, that he will eventually have a hard time keeping. HCMRh Said he thinks he’ll eventually end up a head coach.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

21 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think the funniest part of that podcast was Compton making references to a "certain QB from Arizona" knowing that Rhule can't mention recruits by name.

Yeah, they kept at it for awhile and Ruhle didn’t bite once.

That was the first Bussin with the Boys I’ve listened to and although I found it to be quite interesting I came away not thinking too much of Will or the other guy. Neither one came off as very bright or well spoken. Maybe it was just the stark contrast to Ruhle. And that tier bit at the end….pretty stupid gimmick.

• TBH 1
19 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, they kept at it for awhile and Ruhle didn’t bite once.

That was the first Bussin with the Boys I’ve listened to and although I found it to be quite interesting I came away not thinking too much of Will or the other guy. Neither one came off as very bright or well spoken. Maybe it was just the stark contrast to Ruhle. And that tier bit at the end….pretty stupid gimmick.

The style of Compton and Lewan (played at Michigan and in the NFL) are doing what Barstool Sports want them to do.  I am not a big fan of Barstool, Dave Portnoy, and their "bro culture" they try to cultivate, but Barstool is very popular with young men in the desirable demographic of 18-35.  While I am not a fan of what Barstool does, I can't deny that they have been very successful at what they have done.  I am not a regular listener of Bussin with the Boys, but I will listen when they have a current or former Husker as a guest.

• Fire 1
On 1/25/2023 at 10:25 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

This comment gives a glimpse into a bit of the adjustment that Rhule and his staff will have at NU.  Right or wrong, coaching at NU puts every decision of his under the microscope and it's going to be judged by the fans and media.  It's just how it is.  I liked his answer, but you can see his frustration in the YouTube feed.  If he wins, that will take care of the questions.

It's a bit of a catch-22 at Nebraska. The scrutiny comes from passion because people care a ton and want the football program to succeed here. At times though it can be pretty overwhelming. It got to Bo and Scott a lot. I think Rhule is gonna handle that a lot better based on what we've seen so far.

16 hours ago, macroboy said:

I think Will said that the wr coach question came, in part, From a chat group he is in with former husker players.

One part of coach’s answer That no one has mentioned is that MacGuire Is an incredible football mind, a young up-and-comer, that he will eventually have a hard time keeping. HCMRh Said he thinks he’ll eventually end up a head coach.

Not to mention, Rhule's track record of evaluating young coaches as future stars in the profession has been pretty damn impressive to-date. I trust him to do the same here until he proves otherwise.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

The style of Compton and Lewan (played at Michigan and in the NFL) are doing what Barstool Sports want them to do.  I am not a big fan of Barstool, Dave Portnoy, and their "bro culture" they try to cultivate, but Barstool is very popular with young men in the desirable demographic of 18-35.  I am not a regular listener of Bussin with the Boys, but I will listen when they have a current or former Husker as a guest.

Yeah I’d listen/watch again when they have a guest of interest but probably not otherwise. 

The barstool culture explains it. I wasn’t impressed with Will trying to work a “f#&%” into every other sentence. I use it all the time at work so it doesn’t bother me but it seemed forced and unnecessary on the bus, especially with a guest who is not going to reciprocate that language.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah I’d listen/watch again when they have a guest of interest but probably not otherwise. 

The barstool culture explains it. I wasn’t impressed with Will trying to work a “f#&%” into every other sentence. I use it all the time at work so it doesn’t bother me but it seemed forced and unnecessary on the bus, especially with a guest who is not going to reciprocate that language.

Yeah, quite a lot of f bombs but it's a good ole boys type show. Will is hilarious as just one of your buddies that you have a beer with, and you can make fun of him like he makes fun of you. That's the reason I started listening to it. It's a little too bro culture at times, but it's still a fun listen.

Go find the Jared Allen podcast from a couple months back. That was awesome! Jared is fairly smart, funny, and a genuine good person. He's the type of person you might not agree with their opinion but you'll respect it. The podcast went from NFL, religion, getting in trouble, his idiotic tattoos, his education, and JFK conspiracies. It was a good shoot the s#!t podcast.

• Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Agreed. Not something you want to listen to if the kids are around. Unfortunate since it isn't at all necessary. Puts then in lower class of podcast in my book.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
39 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Agreed. Not something you want to listen to if the kids are around. Unfortunate since it isn't at all necessary. Puts then in lower class of podcast in my book.

I agree. I’ve always worked on construction sites and other places where the language is quite colorful. I learned a long time ago how and when to turn it off. I’ll talk like a sailor all day long at work (still) but it was pretty rare that I would slip up around my mom, my wife and kids, and people who don’t drop F bombs regularly. So it didn’t bother me on the podcast but it just seemed forced, out of place and unnecessary. Awkward for no reason.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree. I’ve always worked on construction sites and other places where the language is quite colorful. I learned a long time ago how and when to turn it off. I’ll talk like a sailor all day long at work (still) but it was pretty rare that I would slip up around my mom, my wife and kids, and people who don’t drop F bombs regularly. So it didn’t bother me on the podcast but it just seemed forced, out of place and unnecessary. Awkward for no reason.

Agree. There are people who drop F bombs and it comes across as them trying to be edgy and cool.  

Then, I know a guy that about every other word out of his mouth is God damn mother f#&%er and it’s so natural for  him that it’s comical and almost a work of art. It’s just how he is. He does it in a way that I wouldn’t even be embarrassed if my mom was there. 

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree. There are people who drop F bombs and it comes across as them trying to be edgy and cool.  

Then, I know a guy that about every other word out of his mouth is God damn mother f#&%er and it’s so natural for  him that it’s comical and almost a work of art. It’s just how he is. He does it in a way that I wouldn’t even be embarrassed if my mom was there. 

Reminded me of this :lol:

j5atYedh.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

6 hours ago, ZRod said:

Yeah, quite a lot of f bombs but it's a good ole boys type show. Will is hilarious as just one of your buddies that you have a beer with, and you can make fun of him like he makes fun of you. That's the reason I started listening to it. It's a little too bro culture at times, but it's still a fun listen.

Go find the Jared Allen podcast from a couple months back. That was awesome! Jared is fairly smart, funny, and a genuine good person. He's the type of person you might not agree with their opinion but you'll respect it. The podcast went from NFL, religion, getting in trouble, his idiotic tattoos, his education, and JFK conspiracies. It was a good shoot the s#!t podcast.

You sold me !  I'm gonna check out the Jared Allen episode!!

The only Bussin show I saw was with Bo Pellini, because I like him as a person and wanted to hear his thoughts.  And I was always hard on Bo as a head coach, and still am.

But as others noticed, Will and the Michigan All-American Tackle came across as too fake with dumbass broseph speech, and slinging F-bombs.  

I'm fine with cussing if it natural flow like most of us, but they try too hard (Will).

And the Bo podcast was amazing when he got to talk freely.  But I felt the setup was awful because all I saw from the camera was 2 bafoons sitting with the camera on them, and Bo's side profile.... the whole time... while Bo was looking to his left at Will the entire interview.  Pissed me off because if you bring on the guest, put the camera on the guest and not your own Nutsack lol

• Plus1 1