Spring Practice Pressers 2023

Mavric

52 minutes ago, Undone said:

I agree with this concept. The harder/better you practice, the better athlete you'll become. And then it translates to live game time.

Frost was big on not playing a guy that week if he "didn't practice well," and that's great. In yet by my eyeball test, at least 50% of the time on Saturdays we looked like a team that really hadn't been practicing competently, focusing competently, or refining skill sets at all. So like, something hadn't been adding up despite the fact that Frost was big on playing guys "that practiced well."

And I think it was that Frost & his coaches just sucked at coaching college football and also maybe weren't good motivators.

We have a major problem in our program with culture.  It's clear that we do.  Work ethic has to be pressured into the team.  Frost had the right idea with this.  But, he has to set the example too and I think it's become pretty clear that his own work ethic was lacking and I'm sure the players saw that.

Just because one coach did it wrong, doesn't mean that idea is wrong.  I don't care if a defender can run a 4.3 40 and is the most amazingly freakish athlete there is.  If he hasn't brought his A game to practice so he knows what he's supposed to be doing within the defensive system and playing with the players around him, he's not going to contribute to the success of the team more than the less athletic kid who knows exactly what he's supposed to do and is focused.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

21 hours ago, Undone said:

I agree with this concept. The harder/better you practice, the better athlete you'll become. And then it translates to live game time.

Frost was big on not playing a guy that week if he "didn't practice well," and that's great. In yet by my eyeball test, at least 50% of the time on Saturdays we looked like a team that really hadn't been practicing competently, focusing competently, or refining skill sets at all. So like, something hadn't been adding up despite the fact that Frost was big on playing guys "that practiced well."

And I think it was that Frost & his coaches just sucked at coaching college football and also maybe weren't good motivators.

That was always my thought.  I don't think anyone was practicing well under Frost because practices sucked. 

• Plus1 1
On 3/11/2023 at 7:39 AM, runningblind said:

That was always my thought.  I don't think anyone was practicing well under Frost because practices sucked. 

Thank you for understanding my point. lol.

I don't really understand arguing over who was saying that Frost wasn't playing the right guys. For the record, that person wasn't me. But I fail to see why it matters, because even though he said the right s*** in press conferences and hypothetically even backed it up with playing guys "who practiced well that week," the team was complete a**.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have not really heard but are coaches/players speaking after practices during the spring?  Or is it just like once a week or something like that?

I don't think we've ever gotten a set schedule but likely very similar to previous years.

• Plus1 1