Spring Practice Pressers 2023

Mavric

3 hours ago, Gage County said:

~5 minutes in, any guesses who the "Mister Irrelevant" starter from last year was? :o

Gotta be a guy who's back this year, and is apparently lacking in the accountability department.

On 2/23/2023 at 6:38 PM, Toe said:

Statistically, the line regressed a bit compared to 2021.

If you are referring to the run game statistics, the run game isn't going to look as productive when you remove the QB-run game from the equation.  Not only does the offense lose those QB carries, but it's more challenging to run when it's 10 vs. 11.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If you are referring to the run game statistics, the run game isn't going to look as productive when you remove the QB-run game from the equation.  Not only does the offense lose those QB carries, but it's more challenging to run when it's 10 vs. 11.

I was going by the stats from https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/sp/overallol/2022, across the board.

3 minutes ago, Toe said:

"What we don't need is a bunch of spokespeople... If you gotta give a speech in the locker room, it usually means that you're getting your tail beat."

Hmmm... The biggest Huskers spokespeople seemed to be Nelson and Farmer..... And both missed a lot of tackling opportunities during games each week. :hmmph:hmmph Sorry if brutal, but just my clear observation 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, Toe said:

I was going by the stats from https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/sp/overallol/2022, across the board.

Thanks. I know that site has good stuff, so I will check it out.

I will still say that not using a QB run game, makes it more difficult for the o-line across the board. Also, the 2021 o-line could have been made to look better solely on Cam Jurgens’ play alone. 

• Plus1 1