Spring Practice Pressers 2023

Mavric

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

This was a really good interview.  Would recommend. 

Absolutely love this quote from 7:50 mark.

"I put my faith in Coach Rhule. Faith, at the end of the day, you can't touch it, you can't see it, you can't taste it. It's intangible. But you just got to believe in Him. And I'm still doing it and I'm seeing some pretty good outcomes from it."

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

From the 9:54 mark:

Rhule talking about (paraphrasing) "going to the driving range when you can't swing well with a driver and then practicing with a putter."

Yeah, I hope he & staff are good at identifying what individual players aren't good at and prioritizing fixing those things first. Because it seemed like Frost really didn't do that very well. Kind of what I've seen with so many guys under Frost playing at the same levels as junior & seniors that they were at as freshmen/sophomores.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Rhule said Benhart is an NFL guy.   I think he's in the lead for drinking the most Kool-aid 

I think it is safe to say that Rhule is a very positive person.  With that said, when people believe in you it does tend to help.  The humanistic approach does seem to work, we do it with young kids all the time.  It is why the ugliest picture of a school bus or an ostrich (because you can't tell) still ends up hanging on the fridge. 

Frost was sort of that way too but he also did a lot of "we need better guys" bit.  I have coached with Coach Positive, Coach Negative, Coach Yeller, Coach Intimidator, Coach All-Business...

I never know which is the best approach, I know I was Coach Joking...I gave a lot of praise and when I was negative it was done with sarcasm in a joking way.

• Plus1 2