Spring Practice Pressers 2023

Mavric

29 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think it is safe to say that Rhule is a very positive person.  With that said, when people believe in you it does tend to help.  The humanistic approach does seem to work, we do it with young kids all the time.  It is why the ugliest picture of a school bus or an ostrich (because you can't tell) still ends up hanging on the fridge. 

Frost was sort of that way too but he also did a lot of "we need better guys" bit.  I have coached with Coach Positive, Coach Negative, Coach Yeller, Coach Intimidator, Coach All-Business...

I never know which is the best approach, I know I was Coach Joking...I gave a lot of praise and when I was negative it was done with sarcasm in a joking way.

Hey Johnson, I’m gonna call your grandma and tell her she hits harder than you!

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

On 4/8/2023 at 9:36 AM, BlackHillsHusker said:

Rhule said Benhart is an NFL guy.   I think he's in the lead for drinking the most Kool-aid 

I want Benhart to succeed so bad.  Nothing would make me happier than to see him come out this season on fire a totally different player.

But...at this point....I'm not betting on it.  I could see some improvement.  But, to be an NFL guy, there would need to be HUGE improvement.

• Plus1 1

Even though it sucks to start over with a new staff and wonder how long it could take to put a decent team together, it's nice to see some fresh attitudes & motivation from the program. Way better than watching a 'dead man walking' kind of a situation with the previous staff & players just going through the motions.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1