CB D'Andre Barnes

Mavric

OV here this weekend.

Rivals shows he's been offered but his Twitter would suggest otherwise so I'm thinking he probably doesn't actually have an offer yet.  But if we're brining him in for an OV on the last weekend, we have to be pretty interested.  Teammate of former Husker commit Hayden Moore.

10.69 100 meters

21.49 200 meters *Colorado state champion

:zoom

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Regis Jesuit is one of the biggest private schools in the Denver area.  They are traditionally very good at nearly all sports. This kid seems fast and athletic, so he may be worth bringing in and seeing what he can do.

Their campus is like a college campus. Having a recruiting footprint here is a solid idea.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, macroboy said:

Their campus is like a college campus. Having a recruiting footprint here is a solid idea.

Yeah which is surprising bc you would think Deion would think of that idea before we did unless he feels the kid isn't worthy of a scholarship which sucks for him.  If you think about the recruiting footprints we have a better access to since this staff has taking over are Nebraska, Texas, Colorado and Florida.  Yes we had access to Florida with the previous staff but kids left as fast as when they got here.  Super impressed that HC Matt Rhule hired Phil Simpson and Bob Wager both very respected coaches that kids and communities will remember who they are and how they came across.

This is nothing against this kid at all, and I have no ability to designate the potential good CB from and okay one, and a poor one. 

But we have had some offers in the Frost years where people would immediately call it a reach. This seems like it would definitely fit the mold if say Frost was offering. Is the mindset different because its Rhule and he has a great history of developing under rated guys? Or is this really still a reach since we already have 27 commits, 11 transfers,  and approximately 102 kids for 85 schollies? I guess I don't understand why we are going after even more guys, who at least upfront aren't spectacular. If you are already at a signing limit and you have a chance at a high caliber guy, then you figure it out later and take him, but you typically don't see that with 136 best CB

2 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

This is nothing against this kid at all, and I have no ability to designate the potential good CB from and okay one, and a poor one. 

But we have had some offers in the Frost years where people would immediately call it a reach. This seems like it would definitely fit the mold if say Frost was offering. Is the mindset different because its Rhule and he has a great history of developing under rated guys? Or is this really still a reach since we already have 27 commits, 11 transfers,  and approximately 102 kids for 85 schollies? I guess I don't understand why we are going after even more guys, who at least upfront aren't spectacular. If you are already at a signing limit and you have a chance at a high caliber guy, then you figure it out later and take him, but you typically don't see that with 136 best CB

I don't disagree, especially when I think he would be the 19th DB on the roster. So, there's obviously going to be some attrition after Spring Camp.  

Is he really better than the guys we already have on the roster and will probably be asked to move on to make room for him?

I guess we will have to trust Rhule and see what happens.

• Mavric pinned this topic