Your 2023 Recruiting Class Super 6 and Sleeper Pick

Usually the Nebraska websites give their opinions on who they think is going to play and or make a impact after the staff is done recruiting and they come up with a Super 6.  For me personally I haven't given much thought on who my super 6 guys are or my sleeper in this class is but other's may have and plus I want to get your thoughts on who your 6 guys are.  Rank your 6 guys who you think are going to have the most impact plus your sleeper pick.  That can include transfers as well.  Enjoy!!!!

• Haha 2

On 2/5/2023 at 10:11 AM, TonyStalloni said:

Four transfer portal guys: WR Josh Fleeks and Billy Kemp, Edge MJ Sherman and OL Ben Scott. 2 freshmen: Edge Princewill Umanmielen and WR Malachi Coleman. Sleepers are OLB Cam Lenhardt, DL Riley Van Poppel and DB/LB Eric Fields

All good choices imo.  But, I’d say, even though rated in the upper 20s nationally, I think this is, in many ways, the best sleeper class.  I think it’s the best, balanced group for NU in a long time. Just my hunch I guess but there just seems to be a group of athletes that offer speed galore, with multiple sport backgrounds.  Big numbers and potentially no clunkers in it really.  Are there any plain head scratcher guys that look Iike they dont belong?  My answer is not really. And a big group so even with some ‘misses’ it will bring in my talent than we lost by a big fin imo. 

• Plus1 1

Most impactful or contributors

C Ben Scott (Arizona State Transfer)
WR B Kemp (Virginia Transfer)
LB Chief Borders (Florida Transfer)
OLB MJ Sherman (Georgia Transfer)
DE/Edge Elijah Jeudy (Tex A&M Transfer)
WR M Coleman

Sleeper: J Sims (Georgia Tech Transfer)

Missing from action that will rebound: Nouilli N

Players rebounding from injury:  Prochazka, Henrich, Ajay Allen

(BOLD means definitely heavy contributors and impactful.  The rest is a guess in February 2023)

HS Super 6

1. Malachi- Elite Prospect.  Hope he develops

2. Eric Fields- Missile on the field Good frame, great athlete

3. Van Poppel- Physical kid that should fit our scheme up front by being moved around on the interior

4. Ethan Nation- Like our corners that we got. He moves well and competes.  

5. Princewill Umanmielen- Might just have an edge rusher here.

6. Gunnar Gottula- Big OL, decent feet.  Could develop to a B1G OL and play multiple spots

Sleeper- Track guys, (Turner/Loyd/Charles/Barnes) Bet 1 or 2 of these guys turn into players for us.  

Portal-

Sims- Probably our Starting Q

Jones- Instant starter at C

Jeudy- Need big bodies up front and he fits the bill.