Huskers in the 2023 NFL Draft

Red Five

3 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Come to Denver, please! I'm done with Hamler, he's hurt again. Sutton is sour and wants out, Patrick is coming back from injury, and the team may or may not be shopping Jeudy. What a mess!

Denver needs to fix the trenches before worrying about skill guys.  Plenty of skills guys that can get the job done, need to give Russ more than 1.38 seconds per pass play before mounting up and galloping for his life, and maybe a competent head coach.

Denver needs more Huskers. 

my son was in cancer treatment at Childrens a few years ago and Trevor Simien came to visit the rooms. 
we took a few pics then I asked him about Zaire and Janovich and how it felt playing in Lincoln whilst he was at NW lolol. 

super nice guy and he was like…man you cornhusker fans are nuts for your team! 

Trey to Denver would be great 

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • 1 month later...

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

IMHO, NU fans (myself included) often look at an NU players performance through a very skewed optic.  Too many years a "good NU player" is barely average when ranked against the best in college football.  Look at Palmer as an example.  He performed well at NU, but not cracking the boards in the draft.  Even with that fast time.  Maybe he goes today......

• TBH 1
21 minutes ago, lo country said:

IMHO, NU fans (myself included) often look at an NU players performance through a very skewed optic.  Too many years a "good NU player" is barely average when ranked against the best in college football.  Look at Palmer as an example.  He performed well at NU, but not cracking the boards in the draft.  Even with that fast time.  Maybe he goes today......

He will get drafted, maybe Mathis.  Nelson won't though I believe.

13 minutes ago, runningblind said:

He will get drafted, maybe Mathis.  Nelson won't though I believe.

I do think he will get drafted, but I thought Westy would have also.  I thought that Stan Morgan Jr would have, but went UDA.  We have not been elite in years and so when a Husker player does well, I (maybe all fans) view them as "better" than they actually are compared to their piers.  

This is what I hate about the portal. I'm happy for Trey to get drafted and I'm rooting for Huskers to go to the NFL, but Trey doesn't feel like a Husker. We didn't get to watch him come up at all. He needed a one year stopover where he could be the best receiver on the team, put up some numbers and get draft consideration. That was Nebraska. Glad he came. But it's hard to imagine he has a strong bond with his teammates, or would see any reason to visit Lincoln in the future. 

College football was all about fan experience and team building. Right now, college football feels more mercenary than the NFL ever did. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 3