Huskers in the 2023 NFL Draft

Red Five

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This is what I hate about the portal. I'm happy for Trey to get drafted and I'm rooting for Huskers to go to the NFL, but Trey doesn't feel like a Husker. We didn't get to watch him come up at all. He needed a one year stopover where he could be the best receiver on the team, put up some numbers and get draft consideration. That was Nebraska. Glad he came. But it's hard to imagine he has a strong bond with his teammates, or would see any reason to visit Lincoln in the future. 

College football was all about fan experience and team building. Right now, college football feels more mercenary than the NFL ever did. 

Call me "guy who shakes his fist at cloud", but the portal and NIL has ruined college football.  Just like free agency impacted the NFL.  Growing up, Cowboys drafted a guy you left the league as a Cowboy.  College/NFL just need to create a farm team concept like MBL and just recruit kids from HS.  Huskers in the draft were here one year as you mentioned....And several starters this year are potentially once and done guys.  Not a fan, but that's just me.

• Plus1 5

1 hour ago, brophog said:

At this point, Palmer is gonna be a steal for someone. He’s just falling because he’s sort of a tweener, size wise. 

He's falling because he is not that good of a WR. His route running is unpolished, he can be tackled by a stiff breeze, and he drops more than he should. . Those kind of players are a dime a dozen at that level. Needed to show more than just speed to teams. 

2 hours ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Remember when folks thought Nelson would get drafted.  Some dude on FB even put him in the third round.  

I forgot he was in this draft. Why did he leave early?  I think he would have had a good upcoming season and really helped himself.

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The only actual Scott frost project to be picked in the draft and his last year or two was at Oregon #OOF

i am not counting transfers for one year like Mathis/Palmer. God Scott was awful at development.