2023 Spring Practice Notes - Quarterbacks

Mavric

12 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

It's also doing whatever it takes, within reason, to be successful.  Have you done everything that you can do to win?

Also, the cliche statement about what you're doing when no one is watching.  I bet Rhule puts his shopping cart in the cart corral.

shopping+cart.jpg

The shopping cart thing just kills me.  You just spent how ever long pushing that thing around the store, yet you can't bother to walk 24 more feet to put it where it goes? Lazy a$$ people.  Same kind who drop crap in the stands at the stadium because "they pay people for that". Should be ashamed of themselves, and they probably are.

• Plus1 3

On 2/28/2023 at 10:34 AM, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think coaches need to motivate players to practice hard and get prepared for the game.  I somewhat agree that a coach shouldn't have to motivate a player to play an actual game.  If you need a coach to rah rah you up before playing in front of 80k plus people you have a problem.  

Nothing is out of whack with what you said.

But the bolded part is the crux of the issue though. There was a problem, and Frost didn't isolate it and fix it. So that gets kind of circular then to say it's not on the coach to fix "the problem." It's the head coaches job to get on top of all of the problems.

Guy had a really underrated level of stubbornness, IMO.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he had shoulder surgery.

Didn’t they both have shoulder surgery? Thompson can at least throw but is a no go in live drills or contact. Not sure about Smothers. I honestly doubt he is here by fall. 

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Didn’t they both have shoulder surgery? Thompson can at least throw but is a no go in live drills or contact. Not sure about Smothers. I honestly doubt he is here by fall. 

By all accounts Smothers loves it at NU, he has passed up previous chances to transfer, including when he was passed over in favor of a transfer QB. If the decision is left up to him, I don’t think he leaves, perhaps he is a medical retirement candidate?