National Divorce

National Divorce  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most states are a shade of purple politically. Its not so red or blue. Sure, I live in a state that wins red election cycle after election cycle. But it's typically something like 55-60% red vs 40-45% blue. Talk about disenfranchising a lot of people,  Marge. 

Anyway, I voted red state since my state is red even though I don't lean red politically. 

Marge Green is an idiot. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

I don't want to move either.  But, if I had no ties to here, I would probably prefer to live in a blue state. I never thought I would say that.  But, the red team wants to cut absolutely everything so much, that I think they would go too far and eventually, the state would suck.  I would probably move at the point where things start getting really bad when the lack of federal funding dries up and critical services or infrastructure starts failing.

3 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Most states are a shade of purple politically. Its not so red or blue. Sure, I live in a state that wins red election cycle after election cycle. But it's typically something like 55-60% red vs 40-45% blue. Talk about disenfranchising a lot of people,  Marge. 

Anyway, I voted red state since my state is red even though I don't lean red politically. 

Marge Green is an idiot. 

That's why her grand idea is so idiotic.  She, for some reason, thinks that when you cross a state line, all of a sudden EVERYONE is either blue or red.  That just isn't the case.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Marge Green is an idiot. 

Good feedback here 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't want to move either.  But, if I had no ties to here, I would probably prefer to live in a blue state. I never thought I would say that.  But, the red team wants to cut absolutely everything so much, that I think they would go too far and eventually, the state would suck.  I would probably move at the point where things start getting really bad when the lack of federal funding dries up and critical services or infrastructure starts failing.

Exactly where I'm at.   I sure would not want to move to Illinois, NY, California - there are real issues wt long term Dem held states as well.  But if the GOP continues in the direction of the cult and Marge, I will have no choice but to move.  There are benefits to both sides but of late, I see GOP leaders at the state level trying to out flank everyone else on the right side. 

43 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Exactly where I'm at.   I sure would not want to move to Illinois, NY, California - there are real issues wt long term Dem held states as well.  But if the GOP continues in the direction of the cult and Marge, I will have no choice but to move.  There are benefits to both sides but of late, I see GOP leaders at the state level trying to out flank everyone else on the right side. 

I personally enjoy the purple hue of Lincoln/Omaha.

But the annoyances of deep blue states and their many problems aren't even in the same ball park as red states. I mean, one side doesn't believe in climate change and doesn't want to do anything serious about assault rifles slaughtering people. The other cares about pronouns? One of these isn't like the other.

The other thing about red states is they seem completely unaware that their entire livelihoods are subsidized by blue states through federal tax dollars or by liberal cities within their states for state taxes. Any "divorce" would cause red states GDPs to fall, their agricultural economies to fail, and their school systems and Healthcare to fall even further behind than they already are. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

One thing that would kill the midwest or framing communities is that blue states or blue cities control most of the ports that ship their products.  Just on the west coast, the ports in Washington and California ship a HUGE amount of agriculture products through them.  So....how do they think they are getting their products sold and marketed?

I live in a red state and a mostly blue community.  I think that is really how it is.  My son goes to school in Rochester NY.  Very Blue state, but outside of Rochester.  It is VERY red.  My wife and I stayed in a small town about 90 miles outside of NYC.  Trump flags everywhere.  

I lived in Vegas for 10 years.  That place felt very libertarian at the time.  Not sure about now.

I think things mostly break this way.  Urban-Blue, Suburban-purple, and rural red.  You really can't over generalize too much, but that has to be close.   

• Plus1 2