MLB 2023

BigRedBuster

• 2 weeks later...

Is this kind of like "holding on the offensive line"? meaning, am I wrong in thinking nearly every pitcher uses "the substance" and yet rarely are they called out for it? like holding could be called on every play theory, could questionable substance be called on every pitcher? Serious question as I've no idea?

The Oakland A's.  Will never forget that SI poster   Also the base stealing machine Rickey Henderson!!!!  He was my favorite! I remember trying his stance as a kid when I was in baseball lol. 

They definitely needed a stadium upgrade from what I've read in the past.   Vegas has football and basketball tied up.  Wonder if the NBA is next?  I have no idea though.

• Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

:o :(

Oakland is so damn cheap.

You lost an NFL team - the Raiders

You lost an NBA team - the Warriors

You now losing your MLB team - the A's

I seen an article by Golden State Warriors players saying "The heart of our soul is Oakland"

Oh really?  Wrong.  Yall Warriors left Oracle Arena in Oakland in 2019, and then yall Warriors kicked the city of Oakland in the nuts.  You don't get to claim Oakland anymore.  You left the city.  You didn't even start out in Oakland. 

Golden State, you play at Chase Center, San Francisco.  If you could have kept the fans of Oakland (along with the surrounding Bay Area), you would have stayed in Oakland.  But you bailed and took your heart and soul back to San Francisco, where the money is (and where you started off in, for years).  It just pisses me off that people want to claim GS as Oakland - and only because they won championships there.  But, they bailed out on the city. 

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

The Oakland A's.  Will never forget that SI poster   Also the base stealing machine Rickey Henderson!!!!  He was my favorite! I remember trying his stance as a kid when I was in baseball lol. 

They definitely needed a stadium upgrade from what I've read in the past.   Vegas has football and basketball tied up.  Wonder if the NBA is next?  I have no idea though.

NBA rumors are that when they eventually expand (which most believe will be in the next 10-15 years) the two cities getting a team will be Seattle and Las Vegas.   Moving either Memphis or Minnesota to the Eastern Conference.   Lebron James has been very public stating he wants to own a team and wants that team in Vegas, so that time line could move up based on when he retires and gets enough investors with him to buy an NBA expansion team.

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, sho said:

NBA rumors are that when they eventually expand (which most believe will be in the next 10-15 years) the two cities getting a team will be Seattle and Las Vegas.   Moving either Memphis or Minnesota to the Eastern Conference.   Lebron James has been very public stating he wants to own a team and wants that team in Vegas, so that time line could move up based on when he retires and gets enough investors with him to buy an NBA expansion team.

For Sho !!!  

Why do I do that everytime !!!?!? :rickjames Maybe it's just out of appreciation and giggles !!!  chuckleshuffle

But to your post, Las Vegas would be a great place to live RN, especially with adding pro teams.  And we know they will have awesome venues for it too!  Vegas Knights (NHL), Raiders (NFL), A's (MLB soon) and possibly NBA down the line ??!!?!?  

Easily in my top 2-3 places to live and it will only get better ! chuckleshuffle

• Fire 2