** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

12 minutes ago, YetiJR said:

No starters - a JUCO transfer with 2 years left that didn't play and a sophomore that hasn't logged any playing time. 

Maybe the JUCO has some good experience  - we could use backup on both the OL and DL. 

3 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I think sums it up pretty well.  

I like the Tommie Frazier comparison.  As the writer stated, this isn’t Jackson State either.  

I just don’t see how this works.  I think those that be successful in the future and those that can build a team in a society of individuals (social media & NIL).  I don’t think coach “Prime” is doing that.

Depending on actual scholarship numbers I don't see a problem in Colorado.  Nebraska is about to have 15 or so kids enter the portal or retire.  Colorado wasn't good last year so not like they will miss whoever leaves.  I'm sure Deion has told the AD he is going to burn it down and build it back up.  Rhule admitted he did it at Temple.  He brought in young guys that he liked and he played them. Obviously the veterans weren't getting it done.  I plan to see a lot of young guys play this year for Nebraska as well. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2

There is no exact science to program building some schools rarely figure it out and most schools even the ones that have won championships turnover the whole program within a decade. I’d still be surprised if they made a bowl but seeing that team play in real time there wasn’t enough to keep that roster intact. Plus he’s bringing in upperclassmen so that’ll leave room for recruiting going forward 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I think sums it up pretty well.  

I like the Tommie Frazier comparison.  As the writer stated, this isn’t Jackson State either.  

I just don’t see how this works.  I think those that be successful in the future and those that can build a team in a society of individuals (social media & NIL).  I don’t think coach “Prime” is doing that.

SSO has great insights.  But comparing Frazier at Doane to Sanders at CU is way off.

Sanders is bringing in a multitude of transfers, with a core of them being feom Jackaon Stste.....including the #1 player in the country from 2022.

And several of the transfers from lower levels were top performers.....similar to when Busch brought in high performing kickers from lower divisions.

And the group of assistants Sanders brought in is more impressive than any of Nebraska's last three staffs.

......so kinda like Frazier at Doane.  Except not at all.  I think SSO is more wishful than accurate with this one.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Depending on actual scholarship numbers I don't see a problem in Colorado.  Nebraska is about to have 15 or so kids enter the portal or retire.  Colorado wasn't good last year so not like they will miss whoever leaves.  I'm sure Deion has told the AD he is going to burn it down and build it back up.  Rhule admitted he did it at Temple.  He brought in young guys that he liked and he played them. Obviously the veterans weren't getting it done.  I plan to see a lot of young guys play this year for Nebraska as well. 

I don’t think this assessment is way off except for one glaring problem…..they’ve lost all the contributors from 2022.  

There’s a tweet that details this.  Almost all their experience is going.  He’s literally starting over.

• Saunders changed the title to ** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **
  • Enhance locked this topic