** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

25 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I don’t think this assessment is way off except for one glaring problem…..they’ve lost all the contributors from 2022.  

There’s a tweet that details this.  Almost all their experience is going.  He’s literally starting over.

Well someone has to have stats.  Doesn't mean they are going to be better than the guys they want to bring in.  Plus, as everyone here should know, losing can be an infection.  If half the contributors were complacent in losing then those guys have to go.  Doesn't matter how good they are.  Not saying that is the case but...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

I was super nervous about playing Colorado this year, with all honesty.

After watching both spring games I feel better now.   It looks like we have a Football Coach with a vision and plan, a good coaching staff, good players, and building up a winning football program in the Big Ten.......  and they (CU) have a TV show Personality running things (as a former celebrity).

Huskers going to win this one just by showing up in Boulder.  So would Rutgers.  

• TBH 1
37 minutes ago, admo said:

After watching both spring games I feel better now.   It looks like we have a Football Coach with a vision and plan, a good coaching staff, good players, and building up a winning football program in the Big Ten.......  and they (CU) have a TV show Personality running things (as a former celebrity).

Step away from the Kool-Aid admo. :lol: I hope you’re right and like your coaching analysis but it gon be awhile before NU wins games by just showing up.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

49 minutes ago, admo said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jinx

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 hours ago, admo said:

Huskers going to win this one just by showing up in Boulder.

I believe we recently fired a guy for thinking that way. The moment I knew that wasn't going to work out was the second half of the 2019 CU game. Acted like the game was won at halftime and lost to what should have been a clearly inferior team.

I'm not underestimating Sanders. He pushes the envelope of ethical behavior, and that's all I will say on that, but I don't underestimate him as a competitor.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Some speaking out about Sanders approach.  Sure am glad we got Rhule and not Sanders.   Rhule walks in with humility and awe of the program.  Sander walks in with an ego bigger than Texas and only in awe of himself it appears. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/parents-are-speaking-out-against-colorado-football-coach-deion-sanders-and-his-treatment-of-players/ar-AA1amsFP?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=948e023b755940238415989ef2875e26&ei=17

• Haha 2
  • TBH 5
2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Some speaking out about Sanders approach.  Sure am glad we got Rhule and not Sanders.   Rhule walks in with humility and awe of the program.  Sander walks in with an ego bigger than Texas and only in awe of himself it appears. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/parents-are-speaking-out-against-colorado-football-coach-deion-sanders-and-his-treatment-of-players/ar-AA1amsFP?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=948e023b755940238415989ef2875e26&ei=17

This whole rhule vs sanders debate has been a case study on fandom. The nature of college sports with the transfer portal and NIL all these things are happening the same way at every school. Just like frost used to “help players find a better situation”. Don’t let coach speak fool you they are all operating the same way business first. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
19 hours ago, brophog said:

I believe we recently fired a guy for thinking that way. The moment I knew that wasn't going to work out was the second half of the 2019 CU game. Acted like the game was won at halftime and lost to what should have been a clearly inferior team.

I'm not underestimating Sanders. He pushes the envelope of ethical behavior, and that's all I will say on that, but I don't underestimate him as a competitor.

I am not really thinking that way.  But I'm not as nervous about Colorado as I was before their spring game and transfer portal meltdown.  

Know what I mean ?!!

The Popular Hat GIFs Everyone's Sharing

• Plus1 1
  • Saunders changed the title to ** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **
  • Enhance locked this topic