** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

42 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

how big was their recruiting class?  Say they signed 25 kids he's gonna have to grab another 20+ out of the portal just to have a roster.  

They had 95 on scholarship last Friday before their spring game, they are at 84 now. Sanders said on Friday that 8 guys on O and 8 guys on D that are going to start aren't on campus yet.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Gage County said:

They had 95 on scholarship last Friday before their spring game, they are at 84 now. Sanders said on Friday that 8 guys on O and 8 guys on D that are going to start aren't on campus yet.

when I saw 51 transferred out I subtracted that from 95 not realizing I even made a comment that they are basically in the same situation numbers wise as Nebraska.  all the chaos I thought for a second 51 since the spring and then realized that was incorrect. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
21 minutes ago, Gage County said:

It’s a huge risk bringing in 16 new guys after all Spring practices are over and planning on them being your day one starters. Deion better hope that Colorado and its fans are going to be very patient, because it’s likely to be a very rocky start

8 minutes ago, Gage County said:

Can you provide a current list or mention the players on this list that are in the portal?

I don't have a current list.  I don't think the interest is there to track it online like several Nebraska outlets do.

And I don't care enough to go through 1 by 1 and check it.  But I know that the WR with the hyphenated last name went into the portal 3 days ago and is still on that chart.  So I assume that there are others falsely listed.

• TBH 2
7 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

For every 1 kid that dont want to play for Sanders there's probably 2 that do. He's just got to get them there. He will find the mentally tough ones that can play for a coach like him. Todays generation is soft.

Not in 2023. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

6 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Not in 2023 what?

18-23 year olds in 2023 do not want to play for a coach like Deion. Sure, there are a few, but certainly not in droves. And certainly not for little to no NIL money. And certainly not the type of kids who prioritized the atmosphere in Boulder Colorado. He will have to back off his military no flexibility culture a bit at some point if he wants to retain high level players. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

It's crazy that Colorado is the first game of the season for us.  I hope we're ready for our opener with them.

Maybe there's a mod out there^ that can merge this thread with the We hate Deion Sanders thread maybe???  I think that's the name of it.  Or something.

Oh wait I got it.  Let's also change the name of this thread to 'Obligatory 'Is Colorado a Rival' Thread!!!!  Sweet!!  Now just 1 meaningless thread instead of 2!!!

• Saunders changed the title to ** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **
  • Enhance locked this topic