** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

Hope not. I hate those early games. Only bright spot is maybe the crowd wouldn't be quite so fired up. Need to get up early in the game and take the crowd out of it. Hopefully, they'll refrain from throwing batteries etc. at the players, coaches, officials and other people on the field this time around.

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Hope not. I hate those early games. Only bright spot is maybe the crowd wouldn't be quite so fired up. Need to get up early in the game and take the crowd out of it. Hopefully, they'll refrain from throwing batteries etc. at the players, coaches, officials and other people on the field this time around.

I can't stand early games. College football belongs at night, or at least ending with the sun fading.  This game would be crazy at night no doubt, amd I suspect we lose in that atmosphere, but it would be great TV. 

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

The guy Sip talked to is on that good stuff they have in Boulder.

“If they were worse than 4-8, I’d be a little surprised.”

If they are better than 4-8 I will be very surprised.

I am not going to be shocked if they end up with a much better record than us.  I also won't be shocked if they go 0-12, but I am leaning towards betting them over 3.5 wins for sure. 

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Red Five said:

The guy Sip talked to is on that good stuff they have in Boulder.

“If they were worse than 4-8, I’d be a little surprised.”

If they are better than 4-8 I will be very surprised.

I watched their spring game and idk what to think. They definitely have some athleticism on offense at the skill positions but their defense and OL looked small and slow 

I just don't see it with Shedeur Sanders.  Beyond talent, daddy ball in college is problematic enough, but this is beyond youth football nonsense if he can't back up his mouth.  I think the most likely scenario for CU this season is awful start, "injury", coach Prime pulls son into redshirt season to preserve dignity, and hope with built in excuses.  I'll gain respect for both of them if they actually grind through the entire schedule.  

In terms of X's & 0's, it's unfortunate CU will face another 3-3-5 team to start season, and Minny ended it's season vs Syracuse in bowl game, but we gonna find out if White can game plan next level, and this game comes down to NU running the ball.  

I’m more hopeful now than I would be with Sims, especially if the OL makes some noticeable improvements. Instead of Dylan this could be the one who jump starts the program if the whole offense could put it together. But if he gets hit as often as AM and CT, no. But talent seems to be there. I tend to think Rhule has better talent than when he started at Temple and at Baylor. And if Haarberg follows, that would give N a better reputation of developing QBs, among other positions. This season is critical. If N far exceeds expectations— I’m thinking 6-7 wins — we may get some decommitments, including maybe even a top QB.