** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

Just now, suh_fan93 said:

It's crazy that Colorado is the first game of the season for us.  I hope we're ready for our opener with them.

Maybe there's a mod out there^ that can merge this thread with the We hate Deion Sanders thread maybe???  I think that's the name of it.  Or something.

Oh wait I got it.  Let's also change the name of this thread to 'Obligatory 'Is Colorado a Rival' Thread!!!!  Sweet!!  Now just 1 meaningless thread instead of 2!!!

Second game. We play in Minneapolis first. Back to back on the road to start.

• TBH 1

Both teams start the season with back-to-back P5 opponents. We play Minnesota first, Colorado plays TCU first, then we play Colorado.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Damn, there are a lot of stupid people out there that like to lose money.

what's the minimum you can bet?  I mean if you can throw down $20 on those odds the payout isn't bad and you haven't lost your shirt when they don't win a single game. 

21 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

what's the minimum you can bet?  I mean if you can throw down $20 on those odds the payout isn't bad and you haven't lost your shirt when they don't win a single game. 

Might be a 2 dollar minimum, that is usually what I see.

Those futures are fun...me and a friend will pick 10 teams each season and bet on their win totals...

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

MGM you can do $1. Some things they will let you do down to .50¢. I do that quite often for 9+ team parlays on hockey. Invariably lose 1 game :lol:  But even a 10 team parlay doesn’t approach +25000 odds. Betting on CU to win it all next year is more sure to burn your money than lighter fluid and a match. I mean their o/u win total for the year is 3.5

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Draft Kings takes dime bets. Why not?!

• Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, brophog said:

Generally speaking, season win totals are a pretty bad bet for the simple reason that you’ve tied your money up for most of the year.

I’m not a gambler. But if I start, you sound like a person I should get advice from.

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

MGM you can do $1. Some things they will let you do down to .50¢. I do that quite often for 9+ team parlays on hockey. Invariably lose 1 game :lol:  But even a 10 team parlay doesn’t approach +25000 odds. Betting on CU to win it all next year is more sure to burn your money than lighter fluid and a match. I mean their o/u win total for the year is 3.5

I would bet the under.

2 hours ago, brophog said:

Generally speaking, season win totals are a pretty bad bet for the simple reason that you’ve tied your money up for most of the year.

Agreed. Plus the odds are similar to any point spread or over/under you can get on a single game. There’s no great payoff for being right on a -120 to +120 bet. But it is a much better chance of winning than +25000 on CU to win it all :lol:

Having said that, I’ve tied up some money, and lost, betting Nebraska over season totals the last 3 years. Think I’ll do the under this year, then at least I’ll be happy one way or the other.

• Plus1 1
  • Saunders changed the title to ** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **
  • Enhance locked this topic